Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with the swelling feeling without the swelling...

(3 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Tue 17-Oct-17 08:21:42

OK. So. Since yesterday my hands, feet and lower back calves have been sore. They feel bruised and swollen... But they aren't. My hands feel tight to clench as do my toes. My calves and tops of feet are actually sore... Sore to walk/bend/move. Feel like I've been out running long distance but I most definitely haven't! Maybe worth noting that the areas feel warmer than usual, not hot just noticeably warmer.

I don't see any swelling (if there is it must be very slight!)

Anyone had similar, or know remedies? Ive sat with feet up, iced the areas etc nothing helped much.

Foggymist Tue 17-Oct-17 08:31:02

You start a lot of pregnancy threads! You've developed a bit of swelling, not enough to be noticeable yet but enough to feel it. There's not a whole lot you can do, it's part and parcel of pregnancy like many things, you start to retain fluid is all. If it gets significantly worse quickly contact midwife, otherwise just ignore it. If your legs/feet get very sore or swollen elevate them, but that often doesn't help or is undone once you lower them again. Nothing to worry about or try and fix if it's so minor you can't even see it.

OnNaturesCourse Tue 17-Oct-17 11:23:38

Sorry, I didn't realise there was a limit to how many questions one could ask. 👌

In my head I thought if it was swollen well I'd be able to see it particularly since it's painful.

The reason for the thread was to try find some remedies that people may have tried, as the ones I listed haven't worked including elevating them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now