Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So embarrassing but...

(36 Posts)
embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 15:49:06

Had to name change for this as I feel so embarrassed!
I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and constantly wet/sweating down below, it smells! It's not an infection or std or anything!
Just wondered if anyone else has/had this and does it go? What can I do?!
Don't even want my partner near me. blush

PotteringAlong Mon 16-Oct-17 15:49:53

How do you know it's not an infection? Have you checked?

Laura2018 Mon 16-Oct-17 15:50:54

Could be an infection, the smell doesnt sound normal unless you don't wash every day? I would pop and see your GP xx

Rainallday Mon 16-Oct-17 15:52:01

How long has it been going on? Sometimes your waters can slowly leak so it's worth ruling that out with the midwife/ doctor.

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 15:54:01

Yeah they have done a urine sample recently. Came back clear. It's not the smell of infection, it's just like a sweaty smell blush it's mostly when I'm at work, not sure if it's my uniform that makes me too warm maybe

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 15:54:33

It's been going on a few weeks now so hopefully nothing like my waters leaking

SemperTemper Mon 16-Oct-17 15:58:21

Yes, I had this from about 8 weeks until the end of my pregnancy. It was nothing sinister, just embarrassing. blush

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 15:59:49

Thank god it's not just me! Eugh not looking forward to the thought of it lasting until the end of pregnancy though blushsad

Oysterbabe Mon 16-Oct-17 16:03:34

It's not uncommon, I've heard it called swamp crotch.

Monkeypuzzle32 Mon 16-Oct-17 16:05:04

I think it's part and parcel of being pregnant due to hormones-I whiff! Obviously it's not help by wearing tights or sitting down for long periods at s desk for example!

AnUtterIdiot Mon 16-Oct-17 16:06:42

I think that it does get a bit sweatier down there as everything gets more congested (ugh). No need to be embarrassed, OP. We are all pregnant sisters in humiliation

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 16:10:12

I feel so much better now! Best just arm myself with baby wipes 😂, don't think it helps that I can't get rid of the unwanted hair due to not been able to see past my bump!! God pregnancy is gross 😂

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 16:13:48

Just found myself googling swamp crotch.... LOL! It's actually a thing 😂

Hannabee123 Mon 16-Oct-17 18:23:08

Don't use baby wipes you might be wiping away the good bacteria. Keep yourself dry with loo roll

MotherOfBeagles Mon 16-Oct-17 18:37:09

Use water to clean as much as possible. Avoid anything perfumed at all!

I’ve lived in pure cotton big granny panties since about 12 weeks and it’s really helped. Anything other than that and I get sweaty and horrible. Not the sexiest but I don’t care it was worth the trade off.

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 18:38:36

For the last week I’ve been wondering if I’ve been overly sweaty or what... who knows, it’s got a funny smell to it though (not that I regularly go around smelling my pants...)

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 18:42:16

I've been thinking of going shopping for some granny pants!! Thought cotton will probably be a lot better so will deffo be buying some now... just when you think you can't get any less attractive 😂

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 18:42:43

Might give femfresh a whirl too 😂

GummyGoddess Mon 16-Oct-17 18:44:03

Just use pads? Then you can change them at will without needing new underwear constantly.

Namechanger2735 Mon 16-Oct-17 18:45:09

Would a scented pad be any good?

MotherOfBeagles Mon 16-Oct-17 18:45:38

Oh trust me it can. When your bump starts to properly take over you either have to size up to go over the bump Simon cowell style and have a saggy bum or deal with the waist band sitting under bump and getting sweaty and uncomfortable lol.

I swear women who are glowing and beautiful and feel empowered and sexy during pregnancy are like unicorns to me being a donkey. blush

LS83 Mon 16-Oct-17 18:51:59

I'm having this too - its just a change in hormones and discharge! Gross but normal x

embarrasedpreggo Mon 16-Oct-17 19:13:07

Can imagine scented pads causing irritation with it been perfumed :/.
Haha motherofbeagles that made me laugh! I think I missed the glowing stage and just went straight to ogre instead

IncyWincySpiderOnRepeat Mon 16-Oct-17 22:04:41

I had this all the way through pregnancy, mentioned it to the midwives at every appointment and was told it was normal.

At about 36 weeks a routine water test showed that I had a strep B infection which they then treated with antibiotics. After the antibiotics the dampness did seem to reduce.

May have been completely unconnected, but might just be worth asking to be checked for Strep B just in case..

DeadDoorpost Mon 16-Oct-17 22:38:02

I complain to my DH that i smell down there all the time. Not an infection, just seems to smell.
Turns out he can't smell it at all and it's just me that can. Was a relief for me to know I'm not being looked at by other people. (Hed had told me if he could smell it)Didn't make me stop worrying though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now