Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Big baby??

(4 Posts)
Julieelizabeth5 Mon 16-Oct-17 13:06:09

I’m 25 weeks, I had a private scan 2 days ago and baby is measuring at 2lb1oz (940g) but apparently should be measuring at 1lb5oz (660g), am I going to have a big baby??

LadyRenoir Mon 16-Oct-17 19:48:33

It may be that the baby went through a quick growth phase now and will slow down later.
You will probably be monitored by your midwife (my friend had a recent appointment at 28 weeks, and the uterus measured big, they will be getting extra scans to see how everything is developing).
People give birth to bigger babies anyways and it's not always a problem!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:35:03

At my 28 week appointment my baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead but midwife said that was fine wasn't anything to worry about.

SansaClegane Mon 16-Oct-17 21:51:13

There's a really, really high margin of error. And you're only 25 weeks. I wouldn't draw any conclusions just yet.
Better indicators are: your BMI now (before you fell pregnant) and your own birth weight / that of any siblings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now