Talk

Advanced search

9 weeks, being sick constantly!?

(7 Posts)
Dalejones Mon 16-Oct-17 13:05:29

My partner is 9 weeks gone now and she’s had a very hard time, it’s got to the point now she’s sick every hour she’s not holding anything down she’s drained and very upset sick 10 a 15 times a day, is this normal? She’s finding it very hard to work (hairdresser) thanks

hannamai Mon 16-Oct-17 13:09:42

Speak to your GP or midwife as soon as you can if she hasn't kept down fluids for 12 hours or more, she could end up getting dehydrated otherwise. There are also anti-nausea pills that might help, and I find that resting makes it easier to cope with the nausea smile

dazedandconfuse Mon 16-Oct-17 13:10:16

Unfortunately very normal sad would be worth going to the doctor for some anti sickness medication, she may even be suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum (extreme morning sickness)

Misssmoo Mon 16-Oct-17 13:40:14

This is me exactly I ended up on a drip last week tell het to go and get checked im now on meda and they are helping

Anatidae Mon 16-Oct-17 13:46:06

I was like this from a few days after conception until birth sad

She needs to go and get help urgently, if she’s very dehydrated she should call the EPU (early pregnancy unit) near you and be seen quickly. They can put her on a drip if needed.

She needs to see her GP quickly and perhaps be prescribed an antiemetic (anti sickness) drug. Some GPs are reluctant to prescribe but she really may need this. I was in a terrible state with sickness

Finally, you can support her by letting her rest as much as possible, and removing anything that’s triggering her sickness (bad smells, take the bins out daily, you cook etc etc.)

megletthesecond Mon 16-Oct-17 13:46:26

Normal for HG. She needs to see her GP quickly before she becomes dehydrated. There's medication available to help take away the sickness, although they may make her sleep so she'll probably need to rest a lot.

It's a miserable condition. I hope she finds a way to ease it a bit.

Roseandbee Mon 16-Oct-17 13:50:44

She def needs to see gp/epu, the baby needs nutrients and fluids and so does she.
I found with sickness I was ok if I lay down, so being stood up hairdressering could be making things worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now