Talk

Advanced search

Baby's bedding advice please

(6 Posts)
beaveringaways Mon 16-Oct-17 12:52:26

We have a crib but I’m not sure how many fitted sheets to buy?
Do I need to get some waterproof ones for underneath then normal fitted sheet on top of this?
Also how many am I likely to get through if they’re very wet in the nights.

Thanks

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 13:12:53

I’ve got a waterproof sheet, about to order 4 fitted sheets. This is for a next to me crib.

I can’t remember what I did for DS1 !

My thinking is ... 1 on the crib, 1 in the wash, 2 spare for changing when sick.

mindutopia Mon 16-Oct-17 13:16:29

I think we had two. You'll be doing washing every day pretty much, so even if one got wet, then you can switch to the other and wash the next morning. I've never gone through two sheets in one night except when my dd had a vomiting bug (this was much later, she was 3). At that point, it really didn't matter and I just used anything I could find - blankets, towels, etc.

Yes, I would get a waterproof mattress cover (just one is all you need, they can be wiped down easily). Or better yet, if you can get a mattress that has a removable mattress cover, I liked this even more.

NameChange30 Mon 16-Oct-17 13:20:33

1 waterproof mattress protector
2 or 3 fitted sheets - if you have a sicky baby then 3 is probably best, but you can also fold over a muslin and place it over the sheet where baby's head will lie, tucked in at the sides to keep it in place. We did that and when DS was a little bit sick we could just change the muslin rather than the whole sheet. Obviously doesn't work if there's a lot of sick but it's fine for small amounts. And muslins are so thin they are breathable so no need to worry about using them.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Mon 16-Oct-17 14:21:43

Three was the magic number for bedding... One on, one ready, one I the wash. But ds wasn't a particularly sicky baby...

Definitely recommend a waterproof one underneath!

Topsyloulou Mon 16-Oct-17 20:38:04

I have 4 crib sheets & this time round I've bought a mattress protector, the mattress cover is washable too which helps. I also put a folded muslin under DS' head so when was sick I could just change the muslin rather than the sheet etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now