Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

TMI - Blood or Discharge?

(3 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Mon 16-Oct-17 12:49:17

Morning,

Im currently 14+4 and had a bleed immediately following my 12 week scan. ( Tiny amount, but I have been keeping an eye ever since)

Since last night or so, there is kind of orangey brown goo on the tissue when I wipe - Its only when I wipe and there is nothing " flowing" if you see what I mean.

My first thought was blood, but it doesnt look like what I have had before and also, (the TMI part) it really stinks, so I'm not sure if its some kind of discharge instead?

MrsFletcher Mon 16-Oct-17 13:06:10

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but even so I'd get it checked out. Even if it's a discharge you probably want it looked at.

mindutopia Mon 16-Oct-17 13:21:52

If it smells I would get it checked as it could be an infection. I have had lots of bleeding and spotting in pregnancy and I have found that the bloody discharge I have gotten sometimes does have an odor to it. So it could just be the smell of old blood, but I would err on the safe side in case it's a sign of infection.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: