Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No 1st period after a 5 week misscarriage.

(3 Posts)
Jaedee93 Mon 16-Oct-17 12:45:57

Hi all,
I mc on 2 sept at 5 weeks. Only bled for 6 days(similar to my Periods) ttc again straight away as docs said to wait till we were ready to. Going by the date when I had the mc I'm 2 weeks late. Haven't had chance to do a test as I've just got back from being away. Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation and if so what was the out come x

ruthsmumkath Mon 16-Oct-17 13:26:03

Mc even early on can mess with your cycle. Particularly first one

Good luck

mindutopia Mon 16-Oct-17 13:42:09

I would take a test. It's really hard to say if you would pop back into regular cycles right away or have a few weird ones at first. I am pretty sure I ovulated exactly 14 days after my mc (all the obvious signs and I had a positive opk for 2 days) and I got my period again after exactly 28 days, so I went right back to normal. I got pregnant that next cycle. But I really struggled to believe it could have been possible (took a test and it was negative). I felt really depressed, like my body was messing around with me. My period was late and I physically (and emotionally) felt awful. I took another test and it was positive. So it's absolutely possible you can get a normal cycle back right away and I suspect I could have gotten pregnant that first month if we'd tried (we intentionally didn't). But I think knowing is better than not knowing. Even had I not been pregnant, I would have been grateful to at least be a little closer to figuring out what was going on with my body. It was awful being in limbo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now