Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Inevitable miscarriage - any hope?

(17 Posts)
anxiouswaiting Mon 16-Oct-17 11:18:40

I know I am grasping at a false hope really but has anyone been diagnosed with inevitable miscarriage and gone on to have a healthy baby?

Had a bleed 3 weeks ago luckily baby was ok, had another scan private last week and baby still doing well.

Last night bleeding again and terrible pain. Had a scan at epau I am 12+6. Baby moving and heart beating but sac is moving down and I am dilating.

Given the option to go home, stay in hospital or have meds to speed it up although that would be a termination due to heartbeat still present.

I decided to come home with pain meds and wait for it to happen naturally.

The cruelest thing is that the heart is still beating and baby was moving so it is still alive and I know it will die soon.

anyone had this happen and it all turn out ok?

lampert Mon 16-Oct-17 11:58:31

No wise words OP other than sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts. What a horrendous thing to go through. I really hope for a positive outcome for you flowers

beansbananas Mon 16-Oct-17 13:03:45

I have experienced losing a baby at 17 weeks, and can only say how sorry I am that you are in this position and that I hope you have someone there to hold your hand.

anxiouswaiting Mon 16-Oct-17 14:07:13

sorry you had to go through that beansbananas and thank you for your kind thoughts lampert. I just feel so sad x

SaltK Tue 17-Oct-17 15:05:18

Was so sad to see this thread, what an awful thing for you to be going through, anxious. How are things today? Xxx

Sally52014 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:06:26

This is so very sad. Keeping you in my thoughts OP xx

rotavixsucks Tue 17-Oct-17 15:08:02

No experience, but couldn't read and run, how awful for you flowers

ChocolatePancake Tue 17-Oct-17 15:08:52

I have no input but I am truly sorry that this is happening. How is everything going? flowers

JediStoleMyBike Tue 17-Oct-17 15:13:20

I couldn't read and run. I wanted to send my love and thoughts. I am so terribly sorry that you are going through this. I can't offer experience as I had a MMC and so never saw a heartbeat but I know how bottomless the pit of despair feels. If you need to talk at any point I am here, if I can help. I bet many others are too. All my love x

anxiouswaiting Thu 19-Oct-17 09:17:48

Thank you everyone. Just to update baby came on Tuesday morning and was clearly a little boy, it was quite a shock to see how perfect he was. I appriciate everyones kind words, I feel like my world is ending just so sad angry and confused x

BigBadBoom Thu 19-Oct-17 09:27:45

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you and your lovely boy 💐 It's just so, so shit and unfair. I hope that you have lots of support and are not on your own x

lampert Thu 19-Oct-17 09:31:04

I am so sorry @anxiouswaiting, how utterly heartbreaking. I can't imagine how you feel but I hope you are taking things very easy and looking after yourself. flowers

Loungingbutnotforlong Thu 19-Oct-17 09:34:11

I am very sorry this happened to you and your son. It is truly heartbreaking - life can be very cruel. flowers
Look after yourself- i’m Afraid to say you are at the start of a long road of grief, and you will need lots of time and to be very kind to yourself. X

DT2016 Thu 19-Oct-17 10:34:16

So sorry you're going through this flowers I hope you have plenty of love and support around you. Be kind to yourself.

ChocolatePancake Thu 19-Oct-17 11:52:17

I am so sorry flowers

Apileofballyhoo Thu 19-Oct-17 11:54:12

I'm so so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself.

doowapwap Thu 19-Oct-17 11:56:24

I am so so sorry to read this. I hope you’re recovering and getting plenty of support in real life. Talk it out here too if it helps flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now