Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Trying to get pregnant

(12 Posts)
Eviesmummy2014 Mon 16-Oct-17 07:14:18

Hey I’m new to this!!

I’m trying for baby no2 after having Implant Removed on 5th October,

My first born wasn’t planned so
Apart form the obvious (lots of sex) what else do I need to do to improve the chances of being pregnant before this year is over.???

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 16-Oct-17 07:18:35

Track your periods, when you ovulate etc. Use OPK’s - these helped me. Good luck! X

AuntieStella Mon 16-Oct-17 07:18:47

Hanging out in the 'Conception' topic will probably lead you to all the tips ever posted on MN

MrsFletcher Mon 16-Oct-17 09:28:51

Pre-conception vitamins (male and female- find them in supermarkets and pharmacies), sex at least every 3 days, cut out drinking, smoking and caffeine. Eat healthily.

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 16-Oct-17 09:31:02

Just have sex wink maybe take folic acid . Xxx atb

mindutopia Mon 16-Oct-17 10:24:31

Track ovulation. We have never had loads of sex when we are TTC. In fact, the three months I've gotten pregnant, I think at most we did it 3 times (with our first), and then twice with the two after that. But all right around ovulation time. If you are someone who has sex really regularly anyway (every other day or so), then it doesn't matter as much. But if one of you works away or you do it more once a week or so, then I would track ovulation, either using basal body temperature or opks.

MrsFletcher Mon 16-Oct-17 11:10:28

I read somewhere that frequent sex is more likely to result in conception than ovulation tracking, but whatever works for you. smile

Downbutnotyetout Mon 16-Oct-17 11:16:55

Take folic acid / prenatal vitamins. Some can take a few months to establish good levels in your bidy

AnUtterIdiot Mon 16-Oct-17 11:20:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 16-Oct-17 11:21:50

AnUtterIdiot Mon 16-Oct-17 11:23:41

DaisyRaine90 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:34:03

If you orgasm you’re more likely to conceive 😊 so make sure he’s pleasing you and your having fun not just doing it because your ovulating x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: