Talk

Advanced search

Trying to get pregnant

(12 Posts)
Eviesmummy2014 Mon 16-Oct-17 07:14:18

Hey I’m new to this!!

I’m trying for baby no2 after having Implant Removed on 5th October,

My first born wasn’t planned so
Apart form the obvious (lots of sex) what else do I need to do to improve the chances of being pregnant before this year is over.???

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 16-Oct-17 07:18:35

Track your periods, when you ovulate etc. Use OPK’s - these helped me. Good luck! X

AuntieStella Mon 16-Oct-17 07:18:47

Hanging out in the 'Conception' topic will probably lead you to all the tips ever posted on MN

MrsFletcher Mon 16-Oct-17 09:28:51

Pre-conception vitamins (male and female- find them in supermarkets and pharmacies), sex at least every 3 days, cut out drinking, smoking and caffeine. Eat healthily.

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 16-Oct-17 09:31:02

Just have sex wink maybe take folic acid . Xxx atb

mindutopia Mon 16-Oct-17 10:24:31

Track ovulation. We have never had loads of sex when we are TTC. In fact, the three months I've gotten pregnant, I think at most we did it 3 times (with our first), and then twice with the two after that. But all right around ovulation time. If you are someone who has sex really regularly anyway (every other day or so), then it doesn't matter as much. But if one of you works away or you do it more once a week or so, then I would track ovulation, either using basal body temperature or opks.

MrsFletcher Mon 16-Oct-17 11:10:28

I read somewhere that frequent sex is more likely to result in conception than ovulation tracking, but whatever works for you. smile

Downbutnotyetout Mon 16-Oct-17 11:16:55

Take folic acid / prenatal vitamins. Some can take a few months to establish good levels in your bidy

AnUtterIdiot Mon 16-Oct-17 11:20:28

Well, I think the advice is not to worry too much about testing but to have sex every other day throughout your cycle from end of period to beginning of period.

We, however, were not up to that level of sauce and were not ashamed to say so grin so we concentrated our efforts around my fertile period. At first I used a period tracker for a couple of months. After that I started using ovulation tests, which was interesting because it turned out that although I have roughly a 26-29 day cycle my fertile period tended to start between Day 8 and Day 10 whereas I was assuming (per the app) that it started around Day 12-13. So I would say that using tests at least for a couple of months is useful just to reassure yourself that everything's happening the way it should.

I used Clearblue digital ovulation sticks from the end of my period to track when my high fertility started, and then I used Clearblue sticks in the morning and the cheap dippy ovulation sticks around 1-ish to catch the actual surge for ovulation (it doesn't always happen in the morning so you might miss it if you only test in the morning). We had sex at least every other day from the first flashing smiley face on the Clearblue to the day after the surge.

There's also an excellent book called Take Charge Of Your Fertility. It's pretty comprehensive (massive). I ordered it after I think 3-4 months of trying? I warn you, though, such is the power of this tome that I got my BFP literally the day after it landed on the doormat grin

AnUtterIdiot Mon 16-Oct-17 11:21:50

And yes, start taking folic acid (check if you are someone who might need the higher dose) and a pregnancy multivitamin, or at least Vitamin D. Do not underestimate a foetus's ability to leach all the minerals out of you!

AnUtterIdiot Mon 16-Oct-17 11:23:41

Sorry, meant to say that this was how I conceived both times (first pregnancy ended in MC sadly, 30 weeks with this one) and both times I think it took around 3-4 months of actual concentrated trying. There were a couple of months where we just missed the window because of knackeredness or one of us being away or whatever.

DaisyRaine90 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:34:03

If you orgasm you’re more likely to conceive 😊 so make sure he’s pleasing you and your having fun not just doing it because your ovulating x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now