Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

freaking out!

(15 Posts)
hollygraham90 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:26:04

Hi all,

We went for our first what we assumed was a 6 week ultrasound last weekend, only to find nothing at all on the ultrasound. My levels were 1400, so doc says could place pregnancy at 4-5 weeks. Would you expect a Sac on an abdominal ultrasound with those numbers?

Going back to our hospital in Newcastle in a couple of days for a TV ultrasound.

Thanks

ew1990 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:30:49

I had a scan at 6 weeks and 5 days (due to pain) and they couldn't see anything on abdominal, had an internal scan and seen a little blob with a heartbeat

hollygraham90 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:31:46

That is a big comfort! Did they not even see a sac?

ew1990 Sun 15-Oct-17 23:41:53

Nothing, my bowel was In the way, (must have been very gassy) here's the pic from the internal

hollygraham90 Mon 16-Oct-17 00:02:20

Thanks for your replies. Just freaking out as its our first, will go back this week for a TV.

PossibiliTea Mon 16-Oct-17 00:06:45

Could your dates be slightly out? I went for a scan very early on because of pain there was only a sac which could only be seen with a...internal.. scan. 2 weeks later little heartbeat was there! Don't panic, I'm sure they also said they could only see something at hcg levels of over 2000? Sounds like you are just a bit too early to see anything yet flowers

hollygraham90 Mon 16-Oct-17 00:22:07

Thank you for your kind words. Probably freaked out a bit early. I think at 1400 we could be at 4-5 weeks? Everyone in my family has told me that abdominal US struggle to find a sac at 6 weeks let alone 5!

ew1990 Mon 16-Oct-17 00:28:42

@hollygraham90 it's my first time too and I'm now 36 weeks and still have moments of freaking out don't worry, keep us updated x

Soon2bemum2017 Mon 16-Oct-17 06:22:19

Hey OP i had a TV at 5+3 which showed a tiny bubble. At the EPU they told me they wouldn't expect to see anything even on a TV scan until HCG was over 1500

I went back at 7+3 and they tried abdominal which showed nothing at all but then switched to TV to see a tiny baby smile although be aware measurements can seem out at this stage! At this scan they told me he was measuring 6+3 but by 12 weeks he had caught up!

hollygraham90 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:04:37

Just a quick update for everyone. Went to clinic today had a TV ultrasound, doctor called me in and said it’s urgent (scared me to death!). Saw the tiniest gest sac, ruled out an ectopic! Levels jumped from 1490 on Saturday to 2900 today. Do these numbers look ok? So relieved its untrue!

PossibiliTea Mon 16-Oct-17 19:56:54

Fantastic news! That's really positive! So pleased for you x

hollygraham90 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:59:14

Thanks so much. Just need that little think to start growing now!

Soon2bemum2017 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:25:35

Such amazing news OP! Did you have a little cry?... i totally did when they eventually found my baby!

Those levels are amazing and well over the 66% increase they need to see in 48 hours!

I'm so glad everything is ok OP ❤️

hollygraham90 Mon 16-Oct-17 23:03:18

smile We did have a little cry! We were prepared for the worst today. Had bloods taken and then the long wait to check level. Sack is very small, no real sign of a yolk sack just yet, but we go back in 10 days time and hopefully will see everything we want.

Fingers crossed everything looks good so far. I feel bad for getting excited because its so early

hollygraham90 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:40:56

Just a quick update all! Went for an internal scan last Thursday and there in the sac was our little guy! Doctor said it was measuring at 7 weeks. So relieved and excited now!

I know this is gross, but did anyone get a lot of discharge around this time, not sure if it has been caused by the scan? Is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now