Talk

Advanced search

When do I see midwife?

(11 Posts)
whyowhyiwhy Sun 15-Oct-17 21:52:34

I'm 19 weeks, had my booking in app and 12 week scan. 20 week scan next week. I'm high risk so don't think I'm under midwife care. When should I expect to have an appointment?

I have one for the psychiatric midwife booked as I have bi polar but not been to it yet?

Dementedswan Sun 15-Oct-17 21:58:29

Did you not have a 16 week apt?

Booking in
12 week scan
16 week midwife apt
20 week scan
25 week doc apt for matb form

After then it depends if you are high or low risk.

I was high risk, had scan at 28 34 36 weeks. Saw consultant then too. But still saw midwife every couple weeks and welly once got to 37 weeks

whyowhyiwhy Sun 15-Oct-17 22:21:42

Nope no 16 week app? I'm wondering who to even ask! blush

KarateKitten Sun 15-Oct-17 22:24:14

Check your big green book. There should be a sheet detailing every appointment you should have. You/your midwife fills in the next one each time there's a next booking put in.

Tryingtokeepfit Sun 15-Oct-17 22:26:01

You need to book the appointment yourself.
Booking, 16 weeks, 20 week appointment, e.t.c

Check the booklet you filled in together at the booking appointment as that tells you the weeks you need to make an appointment.

St3phan1e Sun 15-Oct-17 22:26:22

I'm 29 weeks & consultant led. I didn't have my first consultant appointment until 28 weeks. I did get my appointment letter through not too long after my 12 week scan though so if you're concerned, give the midwife a ring or bring it up at your scan next week. It's worth asking as I had to ring up about my 12 week scan only to find my midwife had forgotten to send my notes through to arrange it, things like that do happen.

whyowhyiwhy Sun 15-Oct-17 22:28:50

Fab thanks I'll dig out my maternity notes then and have a look smile

It's been so long since my last DC that I didn't know if things had changed re how many times to see midwife etc

snackarella Sun 15-Oct-17 22:35:11

If you are in England it's on the back of your maternity notes. Frequency is different for first pregnancy or subsequent ones.
Also, as said above you need to book your own midwife appts x

mindutopia Mon 16-Oct-17 10:33:23

Yes, it should be in your notes. It's different depending on if this is your first or a later baby. But you should have definitely had one at 16 weeks regardless of what pregnancy you are on. If it's your 1st, there should be one a little after your 20 week scan. But if your 2nd or more, not until 28 weeks. But these ones you need to book yourself. They don't book them for you except the booking appt.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 16-Oct-17 14:39:04

In Scotlan all the dates of future apps will be in the front of your notes in blue folder

Oly5 Mon 16-Oct-17 14:40:44

The schedule of appts is in your folder. But it's up to you to book the appts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now