Talk

Advanced search

Mucus plug

(13 Posts)
tootsieglitterballs Sun 15-Oct-17 18:28:36

34+2 with second DS

Lost my mucus plug tonight - was a quite a bit brown with a little red.

First time I lost it 3 weeks before due date, and 4 weeks before he was eventually evicted via the sunroof, so not really sure if this is a sign something could be happening soon or not...

Any advice / RL experiences!

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 08:43:52

Anyone?!

Wondering if we are supposed to avoid DTD Now as well...

Redhead79 Mon 16-Oct-17 08:53:52

I started loosing mine over the course of a week or so at around 32-33 weeks. It was in bits and there was no staining/blood and I had no other symptoms or pain.
I googled it and there was lots to say it was ok and it could reform etc and not a sign of labour at this early stage. I also contacted the midwife team who were also not concerned.....
I then went on to have a very traumatic early labour at 34 weeks so I would defiantly contact your midwife just to get it checked out.

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 09:09:46

Thanks @Redhead79 - and so sorry to hear you had such a traumatic birth.

I remember reading with first DS that in first time pregnancies it’s not normally a sign of anything and grows back, but when I googled last night, it seemed that in subsequent pregnancies it was more likely to mean something.

Shall let my midwife know just to be on the safe side...

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 13:08:45

Just an update.... spoke to my midwife this morning, and she thinks it was my plug and the start of bloody show. Said it doesn’t always mean labour is imminent, but to keep a close eye on things.

Starting to brick it slightly...

Gaggleofgirls Mon 16-Oct-17 13:13:54

Don't brick it you'll be fine, it's weird how your body knows what to do once you're there.

Sorry to jump on your post but I've had some clear mucusy stuff, could that be anything or not?
I don't remember what it was like and don't think I lost anything last time x

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 13:20:31

@Gaggleofgirls for my first baby, it was a big gloop of clearish mucus (I remember it vividly as it was Christmas Day!)

This time it’s been little gloopy bits for a couple of weeks, and then last night was very dark brown with red blood in it too - and a lot (lots of small amounts first, followed by a very ‘definite’ mucus plug)

I didn’t actually make it into labour naturally last time so not really sure what to expect this time... I was induced at 40+5 last time so this whole knowing what is normal and not normal feels a tad alien to me.

Also - just in case anyone is wondering like I was... midwife has given us the ok to still DTD until waters break... wish I’d known that last night!

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 13:23:07

Having lots of lower back ache this morning... could be related, maybe not, who knows - it’s a waiting game!

This week couldn’t be a worse week for anything to start to be honest!

Redhead79 Mon 16-Oct-17 14:24:53

Back ache was how my actual labour started (I thought I'd just picked up dd awkwardly ) and not long after ds arrived so tootsiegiltterballs good luck this may just be it smile
Gaggleofgirls the only way I can discribe it is like snot.... Not very pleasant but there it is!

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 14:51:54

@Redhead79 thank you! Could do with him cooking for a couple more weeks, but if this is the start then so be it... by the way, great way to describe it haha!!

Redhead79 Mon 16-Oct-17 16:15:09

Tell me about it! But they come when they're ready.
Might be worth packing your hospital bag though. I ended up there in just the dress and socks I'd been wearing until DH had time to go home and pack me a random collection of clothes and toiletries......

tootsieglitterballs Mon 16-Oct-17 17:10:16

Oh gosh! Luckily after it arrived last night we decided we had best pack the bag ‘just in case’ ! Last time we ended up staying in unexpectedly and hubby just ended up buying everything from Sainsbury’s ... cost us a bloody fortune!

tootsieglitterballs Tue 17-Oct-17 08:54:06

Just to update, no changes this end... still lots of lower back ache, Braxton Hicks, terrible nights sleep, but fingers crossed nothings actually happening as it’s obviously still too early!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now