Talk

Advanced search

Abdominal pain - should I cal for help?

(4 Posts)
Penguin27 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:58:02

I'm 27w and have had an uncomplicated pregnancy, except for anxiety issues which may be relevant! I had a little bit of low-level nausea in the early weeks but no vomiting. A fair few headaches but these are generally less severe now than they were 10w ago, and I suffer with headaches quite a bit generally.

The last few weeks I've had a pressure, not really a pain, at the top of my bump. It usually comes and goes. Today, I've noticed that pain consistently, more round ligament pain which I haven't had for a few weeks and a sharp pain under my ribs on the right hand side. Also feeling nauseous and have a headache.

Not sure if I should call the assessment unit for reassurance? I don't want to be a drama llama and waste anyone's time... I have a mw appointment on Tuesday so could just wait until then.

DeadDoorpost Sun 15-Oct-17 18:06:12

Eh,just phone them up. Id hate to sit there with pain in my ribs but it coukd just be them expanding as the baby grows.

I usually try to leave things but with how my pregnancy has gone etc etc I've just given up and always phoned for reassurance. Saves me worrying for an extra few days/weeks. I usually hate coming across all drama llama as you say but by this point at 35 weeks I just phone them up. It's usually quicker and usually nothing. theyre more annoyed with me for having difficulty giving blood than anything else tbh

Penguin27 Sun 15-Oct-17 18:08:35

Forgot to mention a ringing in my ears, I didn't think it would be relevant but just read it could be a symptom of pre-eclampsia confused I should avoid Dr Google.

Foggymist Sun 15-Oct-17 18:14:46

Pain under rib, nausea and headaches can all be signs of pre eclampsia, call your midwife/maternity ward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now