Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

35 weeks & feeling awful, normal?

(12 Posts)
meltingmarshmallows Sun 15-Oct-17 16:45:48

Feeling a bit worried but don’t want to call the assessment unit without good reason.

I’ve felt a sense of dread and anxiety for the past few days, out of the blue but which I’ve not been able to shake off. And have felt irritable.

In addition I’ve started having intense back spasms (randomly since yesterday, no pattern to them) and the period type pain I’ve been feeling has got worse, again though with no real pattern. I’ve not had any braxton hicks yet as far as I’m aware.

I’ve now started throwing up and just feel so weak and lethargic. I’ve had loads of pressure ‘down there’ which I assumed was the baby dropping more.

I woke up in the night and was completely unable to get back to sleep, just wide awake. Baby has been very active all day so no movement issues.

Is this just the third trimester catching up and generally pregnancy woes or should I be worried? Had a midwife appointment last week and no UTI although blood pressure was higher than it’s been before. Midwife wasn’t concerned.

I’ve had visual disturbances but have been reporting them for a while, assume it’s to do with eyes or being anaemic.

I have a sense something is potentially going on but equally am aware I’ve got time on my hands & could just be worrying. Would be good to hear if anyone else experienced this type of thing? Is 35w just when it all gets a bit rubbish? Or could this be more?

mysecret321 Sun 15-Oct-17 16:52:06

Visual disturbances can be a sign of pe... I'd phone the assessment unit they're there to help smile keep us posted

Whooptydoo1 Sun 15-Oct-17 16:55:39

I'd ring them, they would always rather you did than didn't, if nothing else it might help to put your mind at rest

georgedawes Sun 15-Oct-17 16:56:52

A feeling of dread can be sign of PE that is often overlooked. Visual disturbances is a warning sign too. I'd definitely get checked out if I were you. Hope it is all OK.

tamepanda Sun 15-Oct-17 16:56:57

Call them! That’s what they are there for. They won’t be annoyed or think you are wasting their time. It’s their job to look after you and your baby.

And even if all the symptoms turn out to be nothing medically wrong, you’ll feel better for knowing it’s nothing rather than guessing.

georgedawes Sun 15-Oct-17 16:57:47

(When I had severe PE I had a real feeling of dread, which no-one took seriously. It was only weeks later that a consultant told me it's something a lot of women report).

meltingmarshmallows Sun 15-Oct-17 17:05:26

@georgedawes that’s worrying but thank you for telling me, it’s just come completely out of nowhere so felt out of place.

Thanks everyone I will call & mention the symptoms I’ve been having.

Penguin27 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:46:11

How are you getting on OP? flowers

meltingmarshmallows Sun 15-Oct-17 18:02:20

@Penguin27 Spoke to the unit and as the visual stuff has been going on a while they weren’t overly worried and said I may have some sort of bug making me feel ill.

Suggested resting and seeing my midwife tomorrow which I’m going to do, but to call back if anything gets worse.

X

Penguin27 Sun 15-Oct-17 18:06:01

Glad they're not too worried, but don't be afraid to call back if you want to. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Take care of yourself.

georgedawes Sun 15-Oct-17 18:07:07

If you have a headache, pain in your chest or anything else that causes you concern, please go in tonight. You really could do with having your BP and urine checked soon - what was your BP when it was last checked? It's not so important if it is strictly high or not, more the increase from booking in that can be a warning sign.

meltingmarshmallows Sun 15-Oct-17 18:09:50

Thank you, will do!

It was the highest it’s been but I don’t think drastically higher than previous readings. I’m hoping I’ll be able to see her tomorrow so she can check it out again to be on the safe side

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: