Talk

Advanced search

Painful movements at 37 wks

(6 Posts)
upthewolves Sun 15-Oct-17 13:32:56

Hi all, 37 weeks today and this evening the baby is moving a lot. The movements are really painful, it feels like a lot of downward pressure on my cervix and I'm currently lying on the sofa which is the only thing that seems to be helping, although I'm still finding the movements painful. Also had some shooting pains down my legs today. Does this sound like the start of labour?? This is my second pregnancy and my last labour started with period type pains, don't remember this at all!

I'm booked for a section at 39 weeks so anxious that things seem to be happening early. Anyone experienced similar?

2ducks2ducklings Sun 15-Oct-17 20:20:32

I think baby could just be hitting some nerves as he/she moves which can cause the sharp pain in cervix and legs. I have exactly the same, it makes me cry out in pain. I don't think mine are associated with early labour, period pains/upset stomach would be more of a sign for me.

ethelfleda Sun 15-Oct-17 20:44:54

Don't know if it helps but I am 36 weeks and everything hurts!! I'm sure he was down in my pelvis for a couple of days as my bump was slightly lower and smaller and my back ache had really eased off. Today it seems he has come back up again! My back is killing, my ribs are killing around the front, and I'm getting electric like shocks in my lady parts!! Just ordered myself a birthing ball as I read they are good to get comfortable on.

MotherOfBeagles Sun 15-Oct-17 22:54:32

I’ve had this for weeks. Midwife and doctor both said completely normal as baby is just pressing on nerves and either punching or head butting my cervix. But if the pain is really bad or comes in patterns then worth giving triage a ring. I’m at 38+4 so hoping all the stabbing shooting pains turn into something soon!

MotherOfBeagles Sun 15-Oct-17 22:55:26

Also yes bouncing and rolling rhythmically on a birthing ball is usually the only place I can get comfy when they’re bad.

upthewolves Sun 15-Oct-17 23:04:59

Oh thank you all! Sounds like you've had similar experiences. I actually feel a bit better this morning so maybe it was just that he was really low/ pushing on a nerve. Logistics of going to hospital are harder this time around as have DC1 to think about so I think I'm just hypervigilant! Hopefully this baby stays put a couple more weeks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now