Talk

Advanced search

Should I wait till January Sales?

(10 Posts)
Macarena1980 Sat 14-Oct-17 21:49:40

My first baby is due at the end of Feb, we went to look at Prams today, but I'm wondering if we should wait and buy in the January sales? Not sure if this is leaving things too late and if baby items even get reduced much in sales? Would appreciate some advice, thanks in advance x

orangeowls Sat 14-Oct-17 22:12:18

Personally I would. My LO wasn’t due until April but I got loads of bargains in the January sales, saved us a fortune!

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 14-Oct-17 22:14:13

Baby things don't go on the January sales round my area its always just been clothes and shoes. Xx

Phryne Sat 14-Oct-17 23:28:40

I'd hang on for a while to see if I could scout a great deal, January sale or not. It wouldn't be a disaster if the baby arrived before the pram honestly. Plus, if you don't mind second hand, you could look for the type you want on FB/eBay/Gumtree etc and see if you could save a fortune that way. (Not car seats, obv, but the pram bits are often barely used)

TheCatsMother99 Sun 15-Oct-17 08:50:39

My baby is due right at the beginning of March, we are only going to buy the pram now if we see a particularly good deal, otherwise we will wait till Jan sales to see if any deals come up as it still leaves time.

ijustwannadance Sun 15-Oct-17 08:52:08

I did. Saved a few quid.

NC1990 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:40:32

You still have loads of time till baby arrives so it's probably worth waiting to see what deals come up. Most prams (provided they're in stock) will be available for next-day delivery too.

It does depend on what brand you are wanting though, the likes of Bugaboo and iCandy etc. never tend to go into the sales unless the model is discontinued.

Macarena1980 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:57:43

Thanks everyone i think we'll just have a look and wait till the sales for the big items. xx

Cracklesfire Sun 15-Oct-17 11:39:31

We were due at Christmas but we saved a fortune in the summer sales plus we got another 20% off doing the personal shopper thing in one store. Due in spring this time so we're hanging off til January sales now.

Lu223 Sun 15-Oct-17 21:30:55

I got my pram on Black Friday in November it ended up such a bargain! (Well kinda) but you could always wait until then and see 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now