Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sex during pregnancy

(6 Posts)
louiserachael Thu 12-Oct-17 15:36:36

Ok so I know it’s perfectly safe and natural blah blah blah ...... BUT am I the only one who is struggling with doing the deed? Firstly I don’t feel particularly sexy and secondly it’s incredibly off-putting when I feel my baby moving around inside me and I’m trying to get it on with my OH. Does anyone else feel like this ? Does anyone have any tips on how to get past this?

salsasalsa Thu 12-Oct-17 16:00:59

Omg I wish I felt this way!

My sex drive seems to have got worse, and my fiance seems to apparently find pregnancy a repellent!
So frustrated it hurts lol, gone from at least every other day to once a week if I'm lucky!
Hope it changes after they're born, it's making me really down!

No help sorry but I'd rather be in your shoes than mine, at least if hes still in the mood you can feel good about yourself, is a plus? lol x

SomehowSomewhere1 Thu 12-Oct-17 16:07:25

Ditto, I don't feel sexy and it feels like sandpaper inside, it hurts too much to enjoy. Consultant said no UTI, just one of those pregnancy things. Pass - but tips would be good.

meltingmarshmallows Thu 12-Oct-17 16:16:11

First trimester I just felt so down & sick, it wasn’t really a priority.

Second ... It’s all I wanted to do blush

Now I’m in the third though it’s tricky. My sex drive has calmed down but logistically its such a faff. It hurts, my bump is in the way and there are just so many distractions ... Movement, pelvic girdle pain, heartburn, just moving around being hard.

Ohwell14 Thu 12-Oct-17 16:21:35

I loved but dh would not come anywhere near me in the third trimester. He was terrified grin
I was practically begging him towards the end as I was in incredibly slow labour and desperate for something to speed it up. He still didn't cave in

Ohwell14 Thu 12-Oct-17 16:21:52

I loved it*

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: