Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stretch and sweep - 2cm dilated

(8 Posts)
dede124 Thu 12-Oct-17 15:33:54

Just had my stretch and sweep at the clinic and the doctor found that I was two cm dilated. I was so suprised! My due date is today and so far I haven't had any contractions at all however I do feel I bit different down there after the sweep. Has anyone else been 2cm dilated at their's and if so how long after that did it take for things to progress?

dede124 Thu 12-Oct-17 17:28:19

Bump

Crispyturtle Thu 12-Oct-17 17:32:33

With DD1 I was 2cm at first sweep, I had another sweep four days later & had DD the following day. I had lots of Braxton hicks in between. Definitely get booked in for a follow up sweep if you’re not already. Lots of luck!

dede124 Thu 12-Oct-17 18:42:48

Thanks @Crispyturtle I'm booked in with my midwife next Thursday for another one if nothing's happened in between! Iv been having braxton hicks on and off for the last hour

Creatureofthenight Thu 12-Oct-17 19:11:20

I don't want to piss on your chips or anything but I had a sweep and was 2cm dilated, 5 days later when I went to be induced I was still 2cm!

annlee3817 Thu 12-Oct-17 20:21:07

I had one on my due date and was 2-3cm dilated, and she could stretch to 4cm. I went into labour at 40+5, so not too long afterwards and labour progressed fairly quickly. Hope you pop soon smile

ChipShopGherkin Thu 12-Oct-17 21:27:56

I had a sweep at 40+4 and was 1cm dilated at 4pm on the Friday.

I went into labour at 2:30am Saturday morning, arrived at the hospital at 3:50am to find I was 7cm dilated. My little boy was born just 2 hours later. smile

dede124 Thu 12-Oct-17 23:51:28

It's good to hear other people's experiences. Iv been having braxton hicks for the last few hours regularly now don't think I'm going to be able to sleep. Also iv lost some of my mucas plug and it had abit of blood in it so will see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now