Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks pregnant and red blood. Anyone had this?

(22 Posts)
Hurraahhnaptime Thu 12-Oct-17 11:02:32

I started bleeding yesterday with a tiny bit of brown blood and it's now red blood when I wipe. Not much on the panty-liner though. I've just gone to the GP and they booked me a scan but not until Tuesday afternoon. The GP didn't say much. It's not good news is it? I think I'm miscarrying. But i can't get rid of a glimmer of hope that it will be fine. How am I going to get through 5 days of waiting. Just sitting around. Anyone else been through this?

tittletattoo Thu 12-Oct-17 11:05:05

It's quite common to have bleeding around the time you would have had your period, I had it twice, once at 8 weeks and once at 9 weeks. I hope everything is okay flowersflowers

Misstomrs Thu 12-Oct-17 11:08:31

Couldn't read and run. I had this too but at 5 weeks and everything was fine. It's no guarantee and everyone is different but I don't think a small amount of bleeding is uncommon. Good luck flowers

SecretLimonadeDrinker Thu 12-Oct-17 11:19:59

I had this at 8 weeks, DS is now 4. Fingers crossed for you x

EastDulwichWife Thu 12-Oct-17 11:32:02

I had this at 5 weeks, and a scan a week later showed a heartbeat. Try not to worry.

cherryontopp Thu 12-Oct-17 11:54:12

I had a bleed at 7+4, red blood. Had a scan the next day and everything was fine. Good luck smile

shittyshitybangbang Thu 12-Oct-17 13:17:19

I bled for a full day (at 7weeks ) when I was pregnant with my DD I didn't know I was pregnant until few days later when I felt nauseous. She's now 4years old, also had bleeding with my second child at 4weeks and he's now 3months.

Try not to worry I know it's easier said then done.flowers

seven201 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:36:49

I had this 3 times before 12 weeks. All was fine and my dd is now 16 months. Hard not to worry though. I also had to wait 5 days each time and the first time was absolutely convinced I'd lost it.

Gunpowder Thu 12-Oct-17 13:42:42

I had a tiny bit of red blood and so went for a scan expecting everything to be over. It was twins! You never know so don't lose hope yet. I hope it's a good outcome.

Hurraahhnaptime Thu 12-Oct-17 13:46:52

Thanks for the reassurance. I've booked an early scan to find out for this evening. 5 days just feels like a long time to wait and I have a wedding to attend this weekend. I hope it's good news

Hurraahhnaptime Thu 12-Oct-17 18:32:50

Did any of you who bled have it last for a long time. I've been bleeding over 24 hours now with red blood. I wandered if it was just a brief bleed if it was all fine?

BikeRunSki Thu 12-Oct-17 18:36:08

A friend of mine bleed for 8 weeks, weeks 8-16. Baby was small at birth, but not excessively so, bad is now 9. Fingers crossed for you x

Does your hospital have an Early Pregnancy Unit you can self refer to?

PhoenixDown Thu 12-Oct-17 18:45:56

I had 2 days of red bleeding like a period at 6 weeks. Thought the worst as had a mc in the past. Had a scan today and turns out I have a hematoma that is causing the bleeding and baby is fine with a good heartbeat! I have brown blood still on and off. Fingers crossed for you that everything is OK smile

lookingforthecorkscrew Thu 12-Oct-17 19:07:42

If it’s just bleeding and no pain I would try to stay positive. You tend to know when you’re miscarrying because it’s like period pains x 10.

Hurraahhnaptime Thu 12-Oct-17 19:48:15

I thought I would update. I just had a scan but unfortunately was a miscarriage. I'm okay but just feeling sad. Thanks for all your kind words.

FannyDaggers Thu 12-Oct-17 19:52:17

Big hugs flowers be kind to yourself xx

shittyshitybangbang Thu 12-Oct-17 19:52:44

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how devastating it is to miscarry I had two miscarriages and it was horrible.flowers

lampert Thu 12-Oct-17 20:25:40

So sorry to read this op. Everyone's worst nightmare. I hope you are coping ok, I can only imagine how awful it feels. Sending you lots of hugs - I hope you are being looked after this evening

Misstomrs Thu 12-Oct-17 20:47:01

Just wanted to say thinking of you flowers

SecretLimonadeDrinker Thu 12-Oct-17 22:49:25

I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hugs x

Mrstobe90 Thu 12-Oct-17 23:54:23

I’m so sorry for your loss! flowers

Gunpowder Fri 13-Oct-17 05:53:08

I'm so sorry. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now