Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bounty pack - possibly a stupid question

(20 Posts)
MiniMummy576 Thu 12-Oct-17 10:20:28

Got my first free Bounty pack yesterday at my scan and one of the freebies was a pack of panty liners. hmm
I can't imagine why these would be needed in pregnancy? I certainly didn't feel any need for them first time round....
Is there something really obvious that I'm missing? confused

Natsku Thu 12-Oct-17 10:21:37

Pelvic floor issues - I sometimes wee a little when I sneeze!

Jumblebee Thu 12-Oct-17 10:23:15

I'm on my second pregnancy and need them blush lack of pelvic floor exercises the first time round mean that I get the fear every time I sneeze!

pregnantandhormonal87 Thu 12-Oct-17 10:23:43

Closer to the end when baby is pressing down you may be thankful for them 😂 I was when I couldn't sneeze or cough without leaking a little bit and they're also handy in early stages of labour for mucus plug etc

DueNov Thu 12-Oct-17 10:26:12

Weeing yourself. My pelvic floor is fab but I have a big baby that likes to lie on my bladder and squeeze any amount of wee out!

ownedbySWD Thu 12-Oct-17 10:27:22

Sometimes there's some discharge towards the end of pregnancy....

ems137 Thu 12-Oct-17 10:30:08

Discharge increases later on in pregnancy

lookingforthecorkscrew Thu 12-Oct-17 10:33:20

I blimmin hate Bounty. I won’t be taking their packs this time around.

theaveragewife Thu 12-Oct-17 10:37:58

Are bounty still going??? I thought there was a petition to get them off the wards 4-5 years ago! Ugh.

DeadDoorpost Thu 12-Oct-17 10:44:10

I thought they were for afterwards when you're bleeding. No wonder I was confused why they were so thin..

HolyShmoly Thu 12-Oct-17 10:46:13

Why do people hate bounty?

ToddlersAndCoffee Thu 12-Oct-17 10:58:13

I don't think people like the bounty photographers not the actaull bounty packs smile

I had to use a panty liner from about 20ish weeks due to discharge too so that might be why

Choccyhobnob Thu 12-Oct-17 11:33:44

TMI but I had so much discharge throughout when I was pregnant I always thought I was weeing myself or bleeding and had to change my underwear as it was always wet. Panty liners were very helpful!

Holly1990123 Thu 12-Oct-17 16:45:58

My first one only had stretch mark cream and a pen.. hmm

AmethystRaven Thu 12-Oct-17 16:55:56

I thought my waters were breaking in a trickle at the end of my last pregnancy so I rang the hospital and they said it was probably discharge (it was), and they had had lots of calls that day as it was hot which apparently makes it worse!

minniemummy0 Thu 12-Oct-17 17:10:00

Ha, I remember thinking that! They have come in so useful with discharge etc.

JennyBlueWren Thu 12-Oct-17 18:56:37

I thought it was a bit odd but have made some use of them already!

Icantthinkofastupidname Thu 12-Oct-17 19:20:32

I'm another one that is using panty liners daily due to increased discharge.

Can't remember what else my bounty pack had in aside from a pack of tesco nappies, but I don't think it was that epic. Preferred the Emma's diary pack.

Littlebatcalledlucille Thu 12-Oct-17 19:24:48

I got tesco nappies, them pantyliners AND a pregnacare pen!!hmm
What is point?

BertieBotts Thu 12-Oct-17 19:28:24

Pantyliners are for discharge, not wee.

Some women find they produce more discharge when pregnant. If you're not very fluidy normally then perhaps you won't! It's different for everyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: