Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My stretch marks are so sore, help!

(15 Posts)
BlueButTrue Wed 11-Oct-17 23:19:15

They're itchy, that's true, but they're so sore.

It feels like I've got cuts or something down there. But mirror and DH have both confirmed it's just stretch marks there, no wounds etc. They're very red but that's it.

I didn't know stretch marks did this, if I'm honest shock

Could my GP give me antihistamine for it or something? I've tried Avino or whatever it's called sad

HeartburnCentral Wed 11-Oct-17 23:28:04

I tried cocoa butter cream for stretch marks. Bio oil is supposed to be good too but is expensive. I apply as soon as I feel the irritation.

BlueButTrue Wed 11-Oct-17 23:32:17

Heart I've got Bio Oil but it just irritates me more blush

It's odd, none of my pregnancy Apps/books say anything about stretch marks being itchy

Ilovechocolate111 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:56:57

I had itchey stretch marks and I tried loads of products but the only thing that worked for me was sudocrem. Soothed me nicely smile
I wasted loads of money on things like bio oil. Stretch marks creams and lotions. Bath oils. Loads of things. And I couldn't believe when I used a free sample pot of sudocrem from a bounty pack it stopped all the soreness and itching. Good old sudocrem lol x

BlueButTrue Thu 12-Oct-17 00:10:31

Ilovechocolate I'll have to give it a try! Bloody typical that I threw my sample pot out blush

Loosemoose28 Thu 12-Oct-17 00:26:16

You can use calamine lotion in pregnancg may sooth or aloe vera gel.

May be worth a call to your midwife incase it indicates anything though.

Foggymist Thu 12-Oct-17 03:02:23

They are your skin basically tearing so that can be itchy/irritating/sore! Sudocrem definitely. I have two on my inner thighs from a teenage growth spurt and had to cover them in it at the time.

Ilovechocolate111 Thu 12-Oct-17 07:58:35

I use sudocrem for everything. I swear by it. Can't beat the good old sudocrem smile hope it works for you. X

dangle90 Thu 12-Oct-17 08:08:22

This sounds so painful! Have you tried something along the lines of zero base? It will moisturise and soothe at the same time? It works wonders for my eczema

DueNov Thu 12-Oct-17 09:06:40

Could be something called pep. I have it an nd it's excruciating sometimes. I scratch so much that I have cuts and the stretch marks are raised as if I've been stung by nettles! Nothing seems to help me x

bettydraper31 Thu 12-Oct-17 20:27:26

How about something like this? X

TittyGolightly Thu 12-Oct-17 20:31:58

How far gone are you? Could be PUPPS. It will need steroids to resolve it if it is.

BlueButTrue Thu 12-Oct-17 21:14:43

I'm 35 weeks smile

Will try some of the suggestions and contact GP if no joy

TittyGolightly Thu 12-Oct-17 21:22:04

Could be then. I'd get it seen. PUPPS is an allergic reaction to the baby.

I had it and it was awful. Tried every natural remedy I could and nothing touched it. It worsened after birth (42 weeks) and was diagnosed 5 or 6 days later. 2 weeks of topical and oral steroids needed to clear it.

MeatAndPotato Thu 12-Oct-17 21:23:30

When mine was itchy (all the time) I would microwave a tbsp of unrefined organic coconut oil , wait for it to cool slightly so only just warm, but still as a liquid (hard at room temp IYDK) and put it all over my bump. I also used to have really really bad and itchy stretch marks on my hips and sides of my bum/upper legs during the last couple of weeks and I would do the same thing for them. Its horrible bieng itchy angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now