Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Dental treatment

(9 Posts)
Jessiecat27 Wed 11-Oct-17 22:03:53

Any ladies had dental treatment in the third trimester? I know I need some bits doing but would they do it now or wait until after the baby is born? Thinking I won't get much time when he's here!

DeadDoorpost Wed 11-Oct-17 22:34:37

It might depend on the drugs they can offer you if you need them, and what needs doing. But I can't see it being a problem. Could you not phone them up and speak to them about it or make an appointment at least to see what they say?

Cracklesfire Thu 12-Oct-17 05:59:07

I couldn't get crown treatment because it involved multiple x-rays apparently but everything else was fine

Lozmatoz Thu 12-Oct-17 07:20:55

Ask the dentist- depends what you’re having fine

Lozmatoz Thu 12-Oct-17 07:21:12

*done

Hairgician Thu 12-Oct-17 08:09:45

I was at dentist yest with gum.infection. No x-ray as pregnant and no antibiotics for me as they can only give amoxicillin in pregnant and I'm allergic. I had a deep clean and scaling done with local anaesthetic.

Hairgician Thu 12-Oct-17 08:10:08

*pregnancy

NowApparently Thu 12-Oct-17 14:56:29

I was lucky enough to snap my molar in half last week, I've seen the dentist twice since and he wants to wait until baby is here before removing the tooth as it can't be fixed... (thanks for that pregnancy hmm )

I had a scale and polish yesterday, no local anesthetic though but to be honest it didn't hurt and I was expecting it to kill!

Cantthinkofaname123 Thu 12-Oct-17 15:25:10

I had a tooth removed around 30 weeks maybe further. I was booked in for a filling at 37 weeks but ended up cancelling I was took in the same day to be induced. Baby is now 5 months and I still haven't made another appointment so if I were you I'd do it now it's not that I've not had the time just hate the dentist

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: