Talk

Advanced search

Maternity clothes

(23 Posts)
bluees Wed 11-Oct-17 21:50:03

Hi ladies.
What shops do you get hour maternity clothes from. I am looking for something for work ( childcare and midday supervisor ) and home. Donot want to spend too much on clothes as it will mot be of use after baby. M still in early days (7eeeks) but hopefully i will not be big as I went upto size 14 (mostly tummy) in my 1st pregnancy 🤰

Lozmatoz Wed 11-Oct-17 22:00:37

eBay!

Jessiecat27 Wed 11-Oct-17 22:07:28

Charity shops! Just get the next size up!

Cracklesfire Wed 11-Oct-17 23:02:23

I bought H&M maternity jeggings a few weeks ago and they're so comfy and weren't expensive - I'll be going back for another pair. Asos have a sale on just now too.

I lived in next maternity jeans last time they were so comfy but awful fit this time around. Also oversized style tops & jumpers I can wear afterwards too.

Hannabee123 Thu 12-Oct-17 06:09:03

I just live in oversize tops and leggings smile buy some bigger clothes I've found it alot cheaper than maternity wear

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 12-Oct-17 07:39:17

New look

TonicAndTonic Thu 12-Oct-17 07:42:19

New Look - they've got lots online and some of it you can buy through Amazon as well. Also Gap (but look for reductions as as a bit pricey full price). If you are after something specific check eBay first.

Sakura03 Thu 12-Oct-17 08:44:08

I bought a couple of floaty tops in Evans size 14 and linen trousers one size up (I appreciate liken trousers aren't the way forward in the winter though) and lived in them until past 28 weeks. Then I bought over bump mat jeans from new look and asda, they are okay but on reflection I think I would have gone for a slightly more expensive pair from jo jo or similar as the stretchy over bump material is quite loose. Got so great mat leggings from new look but was able to use my normal ones until 34 weeks. Don't like any under the bump stuff so got massive knickers from asda 4 for £4, they are brill

monkey1978 Thu 12-Oct-17 09:48:31

I bought oversized clothes and just felt really frumpy and actually uncomfortable because they weren't made to fit around a pregnancy shape. I just bought a few things from H and M as this was one of the stores I found that actually stocked a decent range for you to try on. They had offers on too so just bought a few bits and wash and alternate them all the time.

TeddyIsaHe Thu 12-Oct-17 09:51:20

I bought everything from H&M, super comfy (I still wear a pair of the trousers now blush ) everything fitted well and lasted wonderfully. I’ve packed it all away ready for the next one!

Lilypad78 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:15:26

I found New look & Dorothy Perkins did nice reasonably priced clothes, also ebay.

futuremrsconnor85 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:48:40

It can be tricky tbh. I have been given a few maternity bits by previously pregnant friends. I ordered some stuff online but sometimes have to size down as I find maternity trousers in my size are too big.
I tend to wear long tops that are either my size if generous or a size up, and trousers/jeans one or two sizes up.

Best places for online shopping: Asos, New Look, H and M. Matalan is ok.

Best town for high street shopping: Liverpool! Their New look store has the best maternity section I have seen, and there's also a maternity clothes section in H and M and Topshop.

Alexandra07 Thu 12-Oct-17 18:13:56

I bought a maternity dress and a top from H&M and I was really happy with them. Now at 33 weeks no longer fit me... I feel that this was false economy... H&M leggings are great. What I still wear and I like are dresses from seraphine. You can find them on ebay and john lewis has them very often reduced.
I have bought a couple of comfortable bits from gap as well.

KimchiLaLa Thu 12-Oct-17 18:15:11

I waited for topshop Sales then bought a few from there.

bluechameleon Thu 12-Oct-17 18:20:07

I've got some nice cheap bits from asda and tesco.

Topsyloulou Thu 12-Oct-17 18:33:25

I've bought most of my maternity bits from H&M & Asda. I've got a couple of dresses from mother care that were half price in the sale & perfect for work. I've been able to wear a couple of my normal tops up until last week, 34 weeks. I'm not a fan of baggy clothes & found sizing up in normal clothes very unflattering. If you're spending money buying bigger sizes you might as well buy maternity clothes that will fit you properly.

bluees Thu 12-Oct-17 19:57:07

Waoo. Thanks all. Such a good collection of shops. Hopefully i will not have much problem in buying now. I like the idea of oversized tops which can be reused after. wink

JaneBanks Thu 12-Oct-17 19:57:17

Asos was great!

LadyRenoir Thu 12-Oct-17 20:15:20

I got a few nice things from Jojo Maman Bebe.
Only a dress, a pair of pants and a top, as they are quite pricey, but lovely quality and should stretch so that I can wear them throughout most of the pregnancy. I think the dress I should be able to wear after the baby too, so thought it may be a good investment. Trousers super important, as I don't wear skirts much, and need a good pair to work every day so did not mind forking out a bit more.
Also placed an order with Dorothy Perkins, order was lost by courier and it took me a week to get my money back, so not gonna be shopping with them anytime soon.

3happyangels3 Thu 12-Oct-17 20:42:53

I’ve been maternity clothes shopping today smile I went to Newlook & in the maternity range I bought 5 tops for a bargain £14, also available online x what a fab bargain 😆 Then bought a lovely pair of really comfy maternity jeans from mothercare x

3happyangels3 Thu 12-Oct-17 20:43:57

In the sale x

bluees Thu 12-Oct-17 20:52:10

Thats a bargain 5tops for £14

AccrualIntentions Thu 12-Oct-17 20:54:53

ASOS and H&M. I felt terrible when I was just wearing bigger clothes, and looked a million times better in proper maternity stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now