Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding and cramping 3wks pg.. what would you do?

(10 Posts)
PineconeK Wed 11-Oct-17 15:56:28

Hi,

Very new and nervous.. looking for advice.

I got a BFP on Saturday, I think I'm 5 wks pregnant and put my ovulation and conception at 24.09. Everything seemed normal - my breasts seemed to explode and I lost my appetite. Me and DH are very excited.

Today I had mild period like cramps for a few hours and I'm currently (sorry TMI) bleeding a light bloody discharge. I don't know what to do other than wait. Any advice? Could a GP offer any reassurance at this stage, or is it hold tight with a box of tissues? sad

EastDulwichWife Wed 11-Oct-17 16:13:15

I'd hold tight and rest. I had a bleed at 5 weeks that I thought was an impending mc. Seven days later I went for a scan at the EPU and saw a healthy looking 6 week old fetus and heartbeat.

Try and relax (easier said than done, I know). Perhaps call your GP, and try and get booked in for a scan at your EPU next week.

Apparently bleeds are very common around the time you would have ovulated.
flowers

EastDulwichWife Wed 11-Oct-17 16:15:26

*edit - bleeds are very common around the time you would have had your period.

BunloafAndCrumpets Wed 11-Oct-17 16:24:59

I’d sit tight - think it’s too early for a scan to see much, tho I might be wrong on that. I’d then retest in a week or so and if still positive, go for a scan. You’re more likely to see a heartbeat post 6 weeks which would be more reassuring.

Obviously if the bleeding gets v v heavy or pain bad and you think you need a doctor then go.

I hope it all works out for you 💐

PineconeK Wed 11-Oct-17 17:21:37

Thanks for your support.

I think I've probably lost the baby. I just got a 'not pregnant' test. It could be because I have tested in the afternoon, but it feels like it has confirmed things

BunloafAndCrumpets Wed 11-Oct-17 19:54:30

Really sorry to hear that. Sending a virtual hug.

Oly5 Wed 11-Oct-17 19:56:42

Really sorry to hear this. If it says not pregnant I think you've lost the baby. Hugs

PineconeK Wed 11-Oct-17 22:02:14

Thanks for the hugs, it makes this seem more like a 'real' thing rather than a phantom pregnancy for a few weeks.

It's pretty definite now, I've started bleeding dark red blood sad I'm not really sure if I should seek medical follow up? It feels like the sort if thing I should ride out at home, but the internet suggests going to my GP. I'd rather not go in to be dismissed. Has anyone sought medical attention for a very very early miscarriage?

4thtime Thu 12-Oct-17 05:46:28

I went to gp for early miscarriage, had to wait about 5 days for a scan to confirm it, thinking of you flowers

ChocolatePancake Thu 12-Oct-17 07:14:34

I'm very sorry flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now