Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sertraline when pregnant

(4 Posts)
heatherxo Wed 11-Oct-17 12:00:38

Ok so I havent take my 150mg sertraline in at least 3 weeks. Last time I took it had been the first time in a week, I had taken it with Cyclazine Hydrochloride (anti-sickness tablets) and I was violently sick all day.
So I've taken only 50mg's today to start back up again, and I'm being sick again, I have the shakes and just feel so weak.
Has this happened to anyone else?
My doctor advised me last week to start taking it again as I "need" it.
Should I call doctors? 111? I'm a little scared of my reaction right now.

**I'm 9 weeks, 5 days.

Roxx1516 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:10:29

I was asking sertraline 50mg and when I told my Doc I was pregnant she advised I stop immediately as it might not be safe for pregnancy and the baby could start relying on them too, she didn't even ween me off them or lower the dose she just said stop taking them. I'd get a second opinion on weather or not you REALLY need to be taking them. When I came off them I had the shakes, blurred vision, headache and just felt fed up but I'm absolutely fine now and haven't taken them since. Ring your doc and speak to your midwife and see what they say x

Roxx1516 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:11:21

I was taking **

LittleWingSoul Wed 11-Oct-17 21:00:00

And the flipside to that is being prescribed 50mg of sertraline during pregnancy which is what has happened to me. I felt I had hit rock bottom and there wasn't another option OP, but if you are questioning if you need them... Then perhaps you have a better grip on your mental health at the moment than I did. Speak to your doctor!

Also, may sound obvious but were you taking them with a full stomach? That could help. And the first 12 weeks are the worst for feeling totally rubbish and sick. Didn't take much to set me off vomiting at the beginning!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: