Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got LOW BP in late pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
lollipop7 Wed 11-Oct-17 11:58:27

I've got to go back to midwife today for BP to be taken again as apparently it's a lot lower than Sunday when it was last taken.

It was 90/50 and highest at 100/60
I'm almost 36 weeks.

Has anyone else had this? If so what can be done?
I do feel very faint and dizzy. Am currently receiving iron infusions for very ,ow ferritin stores which I wonder has a role to play?

DeadDoorpost Wed 11-Oct-17 14:11:21

I'm 34 weeks and got my midwife appointment on Friday but I've had low NO earlier on. From what I remember feeling like though I have a feeling it's dipped again. I'm also on iron tablets but the best thing I've found is to make sure I've been drinking enough, slept as well as I can, and eaten something so at least then I know it's not due to any of those things before I contact the MW with concerns. Other than that I have no other suggestions, sorry.

DeadDoorpost Wed 11-Oct-17 14:11:48

Low BP

fannythrobbing Wed 11-Oct-17 14:22:04

Yep my BP is low anyway and in pregnancy it’s barely above “living” 😂
I’ve been told to drink as much as I possibly can, it’s super important to drink at least 2l of water a day. The dizziness could be down to your anaemia/low ferritin stores so hopefully treatment for that will help.
Unfortunately there’s not a lot you can do for low BP other than stay hydrated.

TippetyTapWriter Wed 11-Oct-17 14:29:15

Mine's always 100/60, didn't realise that was low! Currently 38 weeks. But maybe it's normal for me as I feel ok. Drinking lots of fluids is sensible as I do sometimes get dizzy if I don't, and eating little and often. Hope you feel better.

Gaggleofgirls Wed 11-Oct-17 14:31:38

Yes but it's also normal for me and just goes into the realm of the dead when pregnant!
Didn't know about fluids though so thanks for that.

KellyMarieTunstall2 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:44:26

I generally have low bp and I'm 33 weeks its 100/68. My gp advised plenty of fluids and salty crisps. I'm not anemic but always have low ferritin.

mummabubs Wed 11-Oct-17 15:22:21

Mines always been on the lower side since before pregnancy but I'm 40+4 today and consistently have BP readings very similar to yours OP. My midwife said orange juice, nuts/snacks and lucozade were good to stop light headedness and boost BP a bit, hope that helps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now