Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone got LOW BP in late pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
lollipop7 Wed 11-Oct-17 11:58:27

I've got to go back to midwife today for BP to be taken again as apparently it's a lot lower than Sunday when it was last taken.

It was 90/50 and highest at 100/60
I'm almost 36 weeks.

Has anyone else had this? If so what can be done?
I do feel very faint and dizzy. Am currently receiving iron infusions for very ,ow ferritin stores which I wonder has a role to play?

DeadDoorpost Wed 11-Oct-17 14:11:21

I'm 34 weeks and got my midwife appointment on Friday but I've had low NO earlier on. From what I remember feeling like though I have a feeling it's dipped again. I'm also on iron tablets but the best thing I've found is to make sure I've been drinking enough, slept as well as I can, and eaten something so at least then I know it's not due to any of those things before I contact the MW with concerns. Other than that I have no other suggestions, sorry.

DeadDoorpost Wed 11-Oct-17 14:11:48

Low BP

fannythrobbing Wed 11-Oct-17 14:22:04

Yep my BP is low anyway and in pregnancy it’s barely above “living” 😂
I’ve been told to drink as much as I possibly can, it’s super important to drink at least 2l of water a day. The dizziness could be down to your anaemia/low ferritin stores so hopefully treatment for that will help.
Unfortunately there’s not a lot you can do for low BP other than stay hydrated.

TippetyTapWriter Wed 11-Oct-17 14:29:15

Mine's always 100/60, didn't realise that was low! Currently 38 weeks. But maybe it's normal for me as I feel ok. Drinking lots of fluids is sensible as I do sometimes get dizzy if I don't, and eating little and often. Hope you feel better.

Gaggleofgirls Wed 11-Oct-17 14:31:38

Yes but it's also normal for me and just goes into the realm of the dead when pregnant!
Didn't know about fluids though so thanks for that.

KellyMarieTunstall2 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:44:26

I generally have low bp and I'm 33 weeks its 100/68. My gp advised plenty of fluids and salty crisps. I'm not anemic but always have low ferritin.

mummabubs Wed 11-Oct-17 15:22:21

Mines always been on the lower side since before pregnancy but I'm 40+4 today and consistently have BP readings very similar to yours OP. My midwife said orange juice, nuts/snacks and lucozade were good to stop light headedness and boost BP a bit, hope that helps?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: