Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Knackered

(15 Posts)
hmyh23 Wed 11-Oct-17 07:53:07

23 weeks and totally knackered, I haven't had this burst of energy I'm meant to get in the second trimester at all. Still a long way to go and I know it will only get worse as well confused

Foggymist Wed 11-Oct-17 07:55:07

I have found the second trimester energy/glow to be a total lie, as have most of my friends, sorry!

hmyh23 Wed 11-Oct-17 12:43:14

Ha! Well I'm glad it's not just me at least!! Halfway through the week now so that's one good thing!

lampert Wed 11-Oct-17 14:03:29

Oh no!!! I'm only 7 weeks and feel like I can barely function at work! I was relying on the thought of only a few more weeks of tiredness to get me through!!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:54:27

I felt pretty good in the early stages of the second trimester. Towards the end of if I felt wiped out And still do

Cleo2607 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:04:49

I'm with you OP. For the past two weeks I feel like I've gone 10 round with Mike Tyson. Everything feels like it takes a million times more effort even the simplest of tasks and I have had a constant headache for a week now. Currently resting (and feeling guilty for it) and have support from everyone which is great. Here's hoping it clears up soon for us all and the blooming marvellous part of pregnancy is upon us soon!

tootsieglitterballs Wed 11-Oct-17 16:39:56

Second trimester in my first pregnancy I felt great! Second pregnancy totally different story. I have stopped feeling exhausted this pregnancy, now 34 weeks. Don’t think I’ll be experiencing the glow and burst of energy this time!

PhelanGood Wed 11-Oct-17 16:50:47

This thread is so heartening. 20 weeks with third, still have morning sickness, still too exhausted to do even simple tasks, and still eating like a horse. My sex drive is insane though- but mainly when OH is at work which is no use to anyone.

I'm sure I didn't feel this shit in my last pregnancies, I was slim and active! Maybe we are all missing some vital nutrient? Are you all taking iron and eating well?

Cleo2607 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:58:36

PhelanGood-where are you getting your sex drive from!? Mine is a distant memory much to My OH disappointment as we were very....active before we found out we were pregnant...in July!grin Hopefully it'll come back soon.
I'm eating fine. Not as well as I used to as am having quite a few aversions but lots of fruit yoghurt bread. The joys of pregnancy!

PhelanGood Wed 11-Oct-17 17:09:03

@Cleo trust me it's hell. I always get madly, uncontrollably horny when pregnant (second trimester) but the huge problem is... Close contact with men /sweat/etc physically makes me vomit. I haven't name changed so don't wanna go into mega detail but you can imagine how this is problematic! I really need to start my own thread as I need advice.

On the plus side, last time I gave birth I sparked off labour with an orgasm smile

PhelanGood Wed 11-Oct-17 17:11:46

P. S. Hope your sex drive re-emerges soon! smile I have to be honest, I'd prefer mine to be low, I feel like a teenage boy... Even just being on a bus and feeling the vibrations brings me to the edge!
I just ate three giant spoons of nutella, fruit yoghurt bread sounds very sinless compared....

Cleo2607 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:24:19

@PhelanGood haha thanks me too. And OH will be very pleased when it returns. I think he was hoping I would go the way you have cos of how active we were but I've gone the total other way. I'm hoping once this shitty phase passes ill be back on him grin hope yours comes down a little (but not too much haha cos that's no fun either believe me!)
Yeah bread is sinless but the bucket load of sour cream and chive dip im dunking it in not so much grin

Cleo2607 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:25:23

No idea why it's put flowers there...i put grins haha!

PhelanGood Wed 11-Oct-17 17:34:46

Haha! I'm about to wash my nutella down with fish n chips so you're not allowed to feel guilty!
My OH isn't feeling much, if any, benefit from it sadly as the smell of breath, or feel or sound of anything remotely slimy makes me physically vomit. Delightful!

LittleWingSoul Wed 11-Oct-17 21:06:06

27 weeks and pretty wiped out here too... shortness of breath and almost fainting though so had bloods taken to test for anaemia this morning. Plus work, house and 2 other kids to wrangle!

I feel like the 2nd trimester was not so bad energy-wise and my skin looked great, but I'm getting dark patches on my face now so that's over!

Oh... And My BUM!!! It's so big! That's b.u.m not my bump. Don't feel very sexy atm and have told DH that feeling ginormoua combined with loss of libido due to antidepressants means he'll have to initiate if he wants something to happen (normally me who initiates!) It hasn't happened :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now