Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sleeping (or not, as the case may be)

(4 Posts)
TheCatsMother99 Wed 11-Oct-17 06:47:04

Hi all

I used to sleep on my stomach and find it really difficult to sleep any other way. I now can't sleep on my stomach, and haven't been able to for a few weeks, and I'm struggling. Even if I fall asleep on my side I will wake in the night or very early morning and not be able to get back to sleep again because all I want to do is lay on my stomach. I'm fed up of being tired all the time (yes, yes, I know I'll be even more sleep deprived when baby arrives!).

Any advice?

Frisbeefreedom Wed 11-Oct-17 07:37:45

Have you got a pregnancy pillow? I've found a giant u shaped one really helpful - I can sleep on my side but supported, and when bump was a bit smaller could be angled towards the bed, halfway between side and front. Plus occasionally I build a pillow mound with a hole for bump and lie face down, only comfortable for a few minutes, but seems to stretch me out in a way that nothing else will and reduces that craving for sleeping on my front!

TheCatsMother99 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:21:31

I haven't bought one het although I have been putting pillows between my legs when I try to sleep on my side. I'll look for a U shaped one though, thank you.

JW13 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:26:11

I’m the same, always sleep on my front to one side and hate any other position! I got a BB Hug Me pillow and it really helps. They are expensive though (although you can use for breastfeeding/for the baby to sit in etc).

I haven’t slept through the night since about 6 weeks and I’m now 27 weeks. Somebody said it’s so I get used to the sleep deprivation but I just want a good nights sleep! angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now