Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping (or not, as the case may be)

(4 Posts)
TheCatsMother99 Wed 11-Oct-17 06:47:04

Hi all

I used to sleep on my stomach and find it really difficult to sleep any other way. I now can't sleep on my stomach, and haven't been able to for a few weeks, and I'm struggling. Even if I fall asleep on my side I will wake in the night or very early morning and not be able to get back to sleep again because all I want to do is lay on my stomach. I'm fed up of being tired all the time (yes, yes, I know I'll be even more sleep deprived when baby arrives!).

Any advice?

Frisbeefreedom Wed 11-Oct-17 07:37:45

Have you got a pregnancy pillow? I've found a giant u shaped one really helpful - I can sleep on my side but supported, and when bump was a bit smaller could be angled towards the bed, halfway between side and front. Plus occasionally I build a pillow mound with a hole for bump and lie face down, only comfortable for a few minutes, but seems to stretch me out in a way that nothing else will and reduces that craving for sleeping on my front!

TheCatsMother99 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:21:31

I haven't bought one het although I have been putting pillows between my legs when I try to sleep on my side. I'll look for a U shaped one though, thank you.

JW13 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:26:11

I’m the same, always sleep on my front to one side and hate any other position! I got a BB Hug Me pillow and it really helps. They are expensive though (although you can use for breastfeeding/for the baby to sit in etc).

I haven’t slept through the night since about 6 weeks and I’m now 27 weeks. Somebody said it’s so I get used to the sleep deprivation but I just want a good nights sleep! angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: