Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Severe nausea

(5 Posts)
turniponitshead Tue 10-Oct-17 21:35:36

Pregnant for the second time, currently 6 weeks and and with my first pregnancy, severe nausea has set in. I'm never actually sick, but find myself hunched over the loo several times a day as if I'm going to be. Cannot eat most foods as they turn my stomach, eating little bits here and there. Constantly feeling drowsy, headachy and like I'm going to vomit any minute but never actually do. I make heaving sounds throughout the day as if I'm about to be sick.
This lasted until week 16 with DC1. I've actually spent the last 2 days in tears, dreading the thought of another 10 weeks of this. With DC1 I was treated as if I was making the whole thing up as I was never actually sick and even alienated at work when I had to take time off as I genuinely couldn't function with such extreme nausea from morning to night.
I now have a toddler to take care of and a new job that involves a lot of driving (car makes things so much worse!) But I'm terrified of taking time off work again. Im completely at a loss of how to cope this time around. Any kind words or suggestions?

Rockandrollwithit Tue 10-Oct-17 21:41:53

I had HG in my last pregnancy - get yourself to a doctor and ask for some medication.

Hope you feel better soon.

turniponitshead Wed 11-Oct-17 11:25:27

It's not HG if I'm not physically sick though is it. Can the doctor still help with plain nausea?

poddige Wed 11-Oct-17 11:32:58

I got sea bands from boots. They put pressure on a specific point on your arm that helps with nausea.

I presumed they would be useless as this is my third pregnancy and both previous pregnancies I've had sever HG and was hospitalised numerous times. I was very ill first few weeks, have been prescribed tablets which weren't working, so tried them after crying at the pharmacist!

Honestly - give them a whirl. Good luck.

Seeline Wed 11-Oct-17 11:35:01

Tablets can definitely help with nausea. Speak to your GP, or see another GP if they are not helpful. Constant nausea is horrible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: