Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
user1470147116 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:23:47

I had a scan yesterday, 6 weeks pregnant. There is a heartbeat.

But nurse said baby is on small side so to go back in a week for another scan.

I know when I ovulated, we did IVF, but I think the embryo may have implanted 2 days late?

She said the CRL is 2.8 mm.

I think I am just under 6 weeks pregnant, so what would be the right CRL for 5.5 weeks and 6 weeks?

mumof06darlings Tue 10-Oct-17 11:29:32

I thought even at a scan at 6 weeks it would be hit or miss to even see a baby on a scan never mind a baby being on the small side. I would find that a very odd thing. Hope all works out for you but it might be a nurse making you panic over something unnecessary iykwim

drinkyourmilk Tue 10-Oct-17 11:36:13

Don't panic! I was in exactly the same position as you. Did ivf, viability scan showed me to be a week behind. It was fine- nurse repeatedly said that it's very difficult to measure something so small. By 12 week scan she was measuring exactly right. (I was also terrified like you- and had a private scan at 9 weeks to tide me over).
She's now 6 months and we're in bed while I feed her to sleep.
Early scans are notoriously difficult. The heartbeat is the important thing. That massively reduces risk of mc.

user1470147116 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:47:46

Thank you for your replies. The nurse really put me in a panic!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: