Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Knackered

(13 Posts)
Cleo2607 Tue 10-Oct-17 10:27:55

So I feel mega embarrassed cos I am not one to admit defeat or take any time off but past few weeks i have been so exhausted. Like a tiredness I never thought possible. I feel utterly pathetic and like I need to get on with it which I have til this morning When I nearly fainted. I do tend to push myself but everyone keeps telling me I need to listen to My body. But I feel so stupid lying here or saying oh I feel tired. My fiance and I went on holiday and i felt like I spoiled it cos I was just so exhausted (he did walk the legs off me so he is partly to blame). My entire body feels weighed down. I could sleep standing up. I nipped to the docs who said to rest etc. But im not a very good rester! I'm 15 weeks and praying that wonderful blooming stage is coming soon cos I've only had about two weeks respite between this and early morning sickness. Anyone else feel this way? Or can tell me it's normal? And I'm doing the right thing finally resting?

Mum2oneds Tue 10-Oct-17 10:32:59

I had that around 15 weeks. I literally could only think about spending my days off in bed... And now at, 19 weeks it's not so bad. I've had the last week off sick for other reasons and I've made a point of trying to chill and not feel bad if I sleep till on after school drop off.
Don't feel bad. Every one told me to listen to my body and I did... Altho my mum then said oh I think you're sleeping too much. Lol.

elvesareneverhappy Tue 10-Oct-17 10:42:43

I'm only 8 weeks and I feel like this. I have very young DC so I don't get very many opportunities to rest but when I do, I take full advantage of it. From what I remember from my 2 previous pregnancies, it does pass and then comes back with a vengeance in the third trimester.

Sharl2017 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:37:18

I'm like this and I'm only 5+3 please tell me it gets better.

cinnamonwoman Tue 10-Oct-17 11:45:52

The tiredness from the first trimester /second trimester is on another level.
You feel like you'll never have energy ever again....It does get better....

Just remind yourself of what your body is actually doing, growing another human, you're not pathetic, you're bloody amazing!!

(Now go lie downwink)

Cleo2607 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:12:59

My mam says she thinks it will pass in a couple weeks. I have 16 week midwife apt next week too so will discuss it with her. I am so hard on myself at the best of times, fiance keeps shouting you are pregnant woman every time I'm like why god why lol. I am now firmly lying down still feeling slightly guilty. MIL said to listen to My body cos when baby is here...then she just laughed grin

ForeverHopeful21 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:47:31

OP I could have written your post!
I've recently returned from holiday with my DH and just like you felt that I ruined it as all I did was complain and moan. He'd often go out without me because I was too tired to walk anywhere, poor guy. Unfortunately I did faint whilst we were away and I think it was a bit of a shock to both of us. I feel very guilty for trying to take it easy but the best thing is to listen to your body and follow your gut.

Right now my house is embarrassingly messy, my DH has no clean clothes because I can't recall the last time I did the washing, I'm doing as little at work as possible and I go to be at 8pm - this isn't like me at all but for now it's just tough! I'm 12+3 and have been like this for 5 weeks but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I've stopped feeling guilty and no matter how 'pathetic' other people might think I am, I'm just going to do what my body is telling me .....and right now, it's telling me to lie down! x

WhatWouldGenghisDo Tue 10-Oct-17 12:57:12

I was like that at 15 weeks with dc1. I started taking a daily dose of spatone and felt better in less than 2 weeks. Might have happened anyway, who knows.

peachgreen Tue 10-Oct-17 13:04:06

I haven’t had this in my second pregnancy but in my first I was so tired all I did was work, come home, nap on the sofa, eat my dinner, shower, go to bed (at like 7.30pm!). It passes!

Prusik Tue 10-Oct-17 13:06:12

I found my pregnancy with Ds far more tiring than having a newborn. I was just so exhausted that my bones ached. This pregnancy isn't so bad though tbf

Cleo2607 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:01:07

Thanks for the replies! I have thrown in the towel and spent the past two days sofa bound. MIL is my boss (she's pretty amazing tho) and I've done nothing but apologise profusely to her for being off but she is actually the most understanding person ever so that's great. Still guilt ridden for being off work tho but some things will never change!

MrsL2016 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:08:53

I'm 17 weeks and have felt very similar to you op and pp. I was exhausted in 1st tri and then had a couple of weeks feeling better, then it hit again. I managed to keep up with my DH on holiday at 15 weeks, just about, but I think I pushed myself too hard and I was sick a few mornings (which didn't happen in the first 14 weeks). And the jetlag was unreal. But it is so much better in just a few short weeks. We need to listen to our bodies and not feel guilty for taking the rest we need. Hard to do I know.

Cleo2607 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:13:11

MrsL2016 - I was fine first tri apart from extreme nausea which wore off. I've had a few weeks respite until this extreme tiredness and I know I could have had worse so I am thankful for that. I have loads of support around me which is really helping too smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: