Talk

Advanced search

9 weeks and brown spotting

(22 Posts)
lulupregnant2 Tue 10-Oct-17 10:06:14

I don't know what to do - last night I went for a number 2 (sorry tmi) and when I wiped the tissue was full of brown blood with a few bits in. This morning the tissue Is more tinted brown when I wipe. I don't know what to do. I'm slightly crampy but nothing major. I'm panicking this is the start of the end. I'm 9 weeks today.

lulupregnant2 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:27:02

Has anyone had similar and been ok?

Fluffybrain Tue 10-Oct-17 12:37:47

Brownish blood is old blood. I had this with first pregnancy about this time. And cramping to. It can be old blood being released from when the egg implanted.
Ring you midwife anyway.

tinyT09 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:39:15

I had this ... it’s old blood of it goes red call your midwife smile x

lulupregnant2 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:41:18

Thanks guys

Sunshinesaz86 Tue 10-Oct-17 12:51:48

I've had this for 2 weeks now lulu after a bleed at 12 weeks. Still not gone. Been to see mw again today after a scan after bleed and hb could be heard.

I think unless it's bright red and with bad cramps they say not to worry. But I know that's easier said than done.

I'd still be inclined to try to get an scan with EPU just for piece of mind. Good luck x x

lulupregnant2 Tue 10-Oct-17 13:07:49

Thanks I'm trying not to panic cos I have a feeling my doc will just tell me not to worry and to see how it goes so I'm just telling to rest but I have a feeling when I go to work and I'm on my feet things might get worst which I would call up first thing tomorrow to see the doc

lulupregnant2 Tue 10-Oct-17 15:13:00

It's just turned red so think it's might be the start :-(

ImaLannister Tue 10-Oct-17 15:21:37

I had brown in my pantyliner. I rang the midwife, I was 10 weeks, she booked me in for emergency scan. It was a missed miscarriage. Around 3 weeks later the full on miscarriage followed. Brown blood or not, the only way you will know is by contacting your midwife and going for a scan. It doesn't always mean a loss tho mind.

1stX Tue 10-Oct-17 15:21:54

Try not to worry. I had brown blood which turned red. Went to the drs who sent me for an early scan. It turned out ok. I know how scary it is but there are lots of reasons you could be bleeding. Speak to your dr and try to get referred to the epu. Good luck xx

Kannet Tue 10-Oct-17 16:51:13

Please don’t worry too much. There are so many reasons doe bleeding In pregnancy. Hopefully the epu can see you very soon

Chipsahoy Tue 10-Oct-17 19:19:54

I had the same last week, after a number two,except mine was quite red. Then turned to brown.
I ended paying for an early scan and all was fine, with no sign of where the bleeding came from so was told it's probably from my cervix which is very common at this stage.
It's hard not to worry isn't it? But brown blood is old blood.

Misssmoo Tue 10-Oct-17 20:05:02

My brown blood was a MMC go and get a scan hun xxx

lulupregnant2 Tue 10-Oct-17 20:11:41

Thanks guys I went to the doc as it has turned red and I have a scan at the epu tomorrow at 10am so all I can do is wait

choccybiscuit Tue 10-Oct-17 20:22:41

I had exactly the same as you. It started out brown but turned red. I was so sure it was over. I went to epu and could not believe the baby was ok! They couldn't explain the blood loss, possibly a burst blood vessel. Anyway, bleeding continued until i was 14 weeks and now i have a healthy 6 month old. My fingers are crossed for you xx

Misssmoo Tue 10-Oct-17 20:59:12

Exactly can go either way him blood dies not always mean a loss is different for everyone fingers crossed xxx

Snipples Wed 11-Oct-17 10:55:54

Good luck for your scan lulu. Please let us know how you get on ❤️

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 11-Oct-17 10:58:10

Keeping everything crossed for you x

lulupregnant2 Wed 11-Oct-17 11:54:33

It wasn't good news - I have two sacs but both empty so nothing developed :-(

Snipples Wed 11-Oct-17 11:56:54

Oh no! Lulu I'm so sorry. That's so sad. So utterly shit. ❤️

Fluffybrain Wed 11-Oct-17 12:12:55

Sorry to hear this. 💙

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 11-Oct-17 12:19:32

What awful news, so sorryflowers x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now