Talk

Advanced search

Mucus Plug

(5 Posts)
FlowerPowerBecky Tue 10-Oct-17 09:00:39

Hello!

I’m 38+1 weeks Pregnant with first baby, last night before bed when going to the loo (so if tmi!) upon wiping I noticed (just because of catching it in the right light!) a light greenish, mucus on the tissue, hardly any to be honest but enough to look and notice it...

Would this be part of the mucus plug? How long does that mean from losing a bit to losing more and Labour starting?

Thank you in advance for any experiences or information! smile

QueenJane Tue 10-Oct-17 09:03:59

The mucous plug regularly sheds and reforms to prevent infection. So, I'm sorry if you were hoping this might be it! The bloody show is a different beast all together, that can indicate that labour is 'imminent', but can still be days or weeks. A bloody show is......a huge blob (or blobs) of bloody snot. I got it after a sweep and felt really excited. Still needed induced sad

FlowerPowerBecky Tue 10-Oct-17 09:07:57

Ah okay thank you smile I don’t mind it not being immediate, still need a little time to organise! Haha!

It was more the look on my partners face last night that thought I might ask grin

theaveragewife Tue 10-Oct-17 09:10:15

You should still speak to your midwife today, as it was green and that may mean you have an infection of some kind. It's really important to get this sorted before you give birth.

dede124 Tue 10-Oct-17 09:12:47

Yes it sounds like you plug is coming away. Iv been loosing my plug for about 3/4 weeks still waiting now (due in 2 days). It's normal for it to come away bit by bit of some people can loose it all at once. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now