Talk

Advanced search

Morning sickness

(8 Posts)
Dalejones Tue 10-Oct-17 08:24:16

Ok so my partner is having very bad sickness, not just mornin it's all day and is sick at least 4-6 times a day, I know this is common just wondering if anyone's got any good advise for it as it's effecting her work and lifestyle, thanks

pastabest Tue 10-Oct-17 08:29:59

How many weeks pregnant is she?

Usual advice is to try and eat and drink something before getting up in the morning e.g keep some water and crackers or an apple next to the bed.

Little and often of whatever she fancies (even if that is haribo and Vimto)

Crunching ice and sipping cold water in tiny sips.

If she is really struggling (and it sounds like she might be) then she can speak to the doctor about anti nausea medication.

Sharl2017 Tue 10-Oct-17 08:43:42

Following with interest.

Dalejones Tue 10-Oct-17 09:04:58

Thanks she's 8 weeks now yer she's struggling really bad bless her, il get her to try the little and often thing and see how she gets on, thanks for the advise

kingfishergreen Tue 10-Oct-17 09:06:23

Keep a packet of biscuits by the bed - I found that really helped me actually get up in the morning without boaking.

Congratulations.

Seeline Tue 10-Oct-17 09:12:02

Yes to little and often (although it may not stay down...)
Get as much rest as possible.
If it's affecting her work - go to the GP and get her signed off. I was off for nearly 4 months with my first. The constant nausea is really debilitating. I was being sick up to 8 times a day and waking in the night to go a be sick. I really is exhausting.
Second time round, the GP gave me meds which stopped the throwing up, and controlled the nausea pretty well. Did make me very sleepy though - not ideal with a toddler, but at least I could feed him!

Teddybrags Tue 10-Oct-17 09:19:53

Poor girl. I had it really bad when I was pregnant. All I did was eat what I fancied. And that could have been a couple of grapes and sips of water or maccyds chips. Mints help as well as lemon. You can buy a lemon roll on oil from Boots that she can put on her wrists to smell if that helps when she is feeling rough. Defo get her to the doctors to ask for anti sickness tablets too they were a life saver. I agree with having something by the bed too. I had biscuits and a Ribena carton. Good luck to her. I hope it passes soon. X

ClaireBear1986 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:22:32

I am not a big fan of anything ginger, but I have found that every time I feel sick, eating a ginger nut biscuit has really really helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now