Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cold remedies

(5 Posts)
Lemonicelolly1 Tue 10-Oct-17 06:01:23

Hi,

Anyone know the best way of getting rid of the Cold? I'm 36 weeks pregnant and struggling with an awful cold. I've been up all night and my face actually hurts I'm so congested.

Have been taking paracetamol, drinking hot lemon & am currently sitting in the bathroom with the shower on for the steam but nothing is helping!

Also meant to have my flu jab on Thursday, will I still be able to get it if I'm like this?

Thanks x

Oldschool41 Tue 10-Oct-17 08:48:17

I have a cold and chest infection the doctor prescribed Keeflex antibiotics which I'm currently still taking along with paracetamol. I am 31 weeks and have felt awful no energy luckily the doctor signed me off sick 😜

Lucille3 Tue 10-Oct-17 08:52:57

I get really bad sinuses with a cold and I find sinus rinse by neilmed helps me. It's not cheap and a bit gross, but I find any relief worth it. I also have a little steam inhaler cup I use- like a kids sippy cup with a face mask attached - a lot easier than sitting in the shower. Mine was a couple of quid in wilko but you can buy online. Good luck!

pastabest Tue 10-Oct-17 08:56:25

I had the most horrific stinking cold the week before I went into labour. I was genuinely worried that I was so ill that I wouldn't be able to deal with labour.

Fortunately it cleared up just in time

Steamy water with olbas oil helped clear my bunged up nose. Just had to keep drinking plenty of water (not what you want to hear at 36 weeks pregnant sorry!) and taking paracetamol.

Are you on MAT leave yet? Any reason you can't just wallow in bed for a day? grin

Lemonicelolly1 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:14:15

Thanks everyone, will give everyone's suggestions a try! Maternity leave doesn't start until next week so stuck at work feeling miserable! Went to the chemist this morning and they wouldn't even give me soothers due to them being high in sugar confused x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now