Talk

Advanced search

Should I get baby checked?

(8 Posts)
Rhynswynd Mon 09-Oct-17 22:56:03

I'm 29 weeks pregnant.
Baby has been kicking and getting stronger all the time. 3 days ago she had been kicking and rolling around as per usual routine.
Past 2 days she has still been kicking but not as hard or for as long and not as per normal times. She has mostly done the odd few kicks and nudges here and there but it is not the same as it was and I am starting to worry.

Should I go to the hospital and get checked?
Last week I saw Dr and her heartbeat was 122 normally and every time it has been checked previously it has been 150.

Am I being paranoid or should I get checked just to be safe?

MAS7 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:57:49

Yes. Go now.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Mon 09-Oct-17 23:00:11

Yes. Go now. Pack a few things in a bag and get going.

MrsKCastle Mon 09-Oct-17 23:03:39

Yes, go and get checked. The mws will be happy to see you and the baby will most likely start doing her best disco moves as soon as you're on a monitor. But it's always best to be on the safe side.

rachrach2 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:04:55

Your baby is probably just fine, but you should ALWAYS get it checked out if you notice a change in movements.

Rhynswynd Mon 09-Oct-17 23:27:06

Thanks all. My husband always says I panic too much and as soon as I panic she kicks. She has kicked a little since I wrote this but not like normal. I will give midwife a call. Xx

lollipop7 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:38:11

Any change in movements should be investigated and problems ruled out.
Always go and get checked. Says the woman who has been on hospital monitors five times in the last two weeks because of this, and was in and out with her last two.
It's your precious baby. It's their job.

Hope all is well

Rhynswynd Tue 10-Oct-17 01:52:27

Hi everyone. Thabk you all so much for the advuce.
I went in and baby is doing fine. Great heartrate and started kicking a lot. Midwife told me to come in whenever I need to and not worry about being a nuisance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now