Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone had their flu jab yet?

(33 Posts)
ethelfleda Mon 09-Oct-17 22:10:30

And how did it make you feel? Had mine this morning... arm is killing me as expected but I feel really under the weather and more uncomfortable than usual. My bump feels weird - sort of tingly or like I have butterflies in my stomach but not in my stomach - right at the top of the bump!
I'm 35+1.

Grimmfebruary Mon 09-Oct-17 22:15:34

I'm only 22weeks but I don't want it and probably won't get it - I'm a bad patient and everyone I know who's had it had ended up worse than without it.

micropreemiemum Mon 09-Oct-17 22:28:49

I had it on saturday and have a right bruise from it! Obviously tender and very sore so cant lie on that side, seems to be the side my toddler wants to throw himself at too! Hahaha! Developed a tickly cough and quite congested now too but better than getting the flu imo ☺ got my whooping cough jab tomorrow 😑😑

Thissameearth Mon 09-Oct-17 22:31:16

I got it and was fine. No illness and my arm wasn't that tender. Whooping cough was much sorer (but in scotland that's done after 16 weeks so was while back).

Sakura03 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:36:18

I had mine this evening and so far feel no different (first time I've had the jab). I'm 35 weeks today.

rainbowsandsunshine Mon 09-Oct-17 23:18:11

Had the flu jab and whooping cough vaccine at the same time. Flu jab was fine, whooping cough is still raised and tender now- a week later!

Amd724 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:21:44

I’ll have mine on Friday. I’m asthmatic, I’ve had one every year for the last 15 years. It’s no big deal, I’ve never been ill or bruised from it.

ijustwannadance Mon 09-Oct-17 23:23:57

I had mine 2 weeks ago. Sore arm then really achy thighs the next day. Felt like i'd run for miles!
Had whooping cough last week. Slight rise in temp but nothing else.

GrapesAreMyJam Mon 09-Oct-17 23:24:27

I had mine on Friday. Arm doesn’t ache and I’m not feeling under the weather. All good!

lollipop7 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:36:02

Exactly same due date as you @ethelfleda !

I've got mine on Wednesday. Last geo times I had it with the WC but this is my first autumn baby so separately.

I only had a sore arm first time. Second time I felt a bit shitty for a couple of fasts but it soon subsided.

thingymaboob Mon 09-Oct-17 23:46:02

I'm 26 weeks. I had it last week. Got a small bruise but I feel fine!

xflipflopx Tue 10-Oct-17 02:49:19

Had mine two weeks ago and I'm absolutely fine. No change in how I felt at all.

FruitBadger Tue 10-Oct-17 03:44:33

Had mine last week, flu in one arm & whooping cough in the other. Both arms abut sore / stiff for 24-48 hours but no other effects I've noticed at all. 28 weeks.

Tentativesteps133 Tue 10-Oct-17 07:15:11

I had mine 2 weeks ago and it was fine. A tiny bit of soreness the next day but as others have said, whooping cough was much worse. Didn’t feel run down or anything.

Pinky333777 Tue 10-Oct-17 07:26:56

Had mine a couple of weeks ago.
Sore arm for 2/3 days. Developed the sniffles which I still have, but a few of the kids I nanny for have colds, so I've more likely just shared germs with them grin

Oldschool41 Tue 10-Oct-17 08:42:04

Had mine a couple of weeks ago, no sideeffects although now I have a cold and chest infection grrr 😜 whooping cough injection hurt more and last for a few days

THirdEeye Tue 10-Oct-17 09:15:09

I had mine last week and aside from a slightly tender arm (the whooping cough vaccine was worse), I've been okay.

HipToBeSquare Tue 10-Oct-17 09:17:43

I had mine last week and the next day my arm was so tender! DD2 knocked it in bed and it seriously nearly made me cry.

katmarie Tue 10-Oct-17 09:52:23

had flu and whooping cough at the same time at 24 weeks, I'm 25+6 now. Both arms were a bit sore, and the following day I felt really tired (but that's not all that unusual!) other than that I've been fine.

Efferlunt Tue 10-Oct-17 09:54:04

Had it on Saturday I’m 37 weeks. No side effects at all not even a bruise.

firsttime17 Tue 10-Oct-17 09:54:37

My flu jab didn’t hurt at all and was absolutely fine! My whooping cough however was very painful for about a week!

TonicAndTonic Tue 10-Oct-17 09:56:36

Had mine 2 weeks ago (at 23 weeks pg). Arm was a teeny bit sore that evening but otherwise I was absolutely fine. I get the flu jab every year through work, and have never reacted to it though.
The whooping cough one was more sore and made me tired!

Gingernut81 Tue 10-Oct-17 10:00:18

I had mine on Sat and other than a bruised arm I've been perfectly fine.

NC1990 Tue 10-Oct-17 10:07:25

I had mine the other week and was absolutely fine, arm wasn't even remotely sore and no bruising. The whooping cough vaccine was worse, I had an achey arm for a good few days afterwards. I'm 34+3.

laelti Tue 10-Oct-17 10:20:50

Had mine last week (at 22+5), tiny bit of acheyness in my arm after but may have been psychological!
Got whooping cough one in an hour or so, sounds like that might hurt more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now