Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Referred for growth scan?

(8 Posts)
Jessiecat27 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:10:20

I'm 34+4 and after seeing my midwife today, she's referred me for a growth scan on Wednesday. She said it could just be because (she thinks) he's head down, the growth slows down then but they just want to check, she wasn't sure what was head or bum so he could be breech. Just really worrying now although she's told me not to, anyone else been in the same situation? Good/bad stories are fine, I'd rather just have an idea of what to expect!

HandbagFan Mon 09-Oct-17 21:28:15

I was sent for a scan to check if baby was in the right position or not. He was. I got to see him again before he arrived. Nothing to worry about.

skankingpiglet Mon 09-Oct-17 22:06:30

I measured small in both pregnancies.
My first was breech. She didn't turn and was ejected through the sunroof. It was fine, so try not to stress if yours is breech (and even if the baby is, there is still plenty of time for them to turn).
I was sent for a growth scan for DD2 at about the same stage as you OP, as I was measuring quite a few weeks behind. She was just already head down and sitting very low. Her measurements at the scan were pretty average and she was born at 39wks weighing 6lb 8oz. So measuring small doesn't necessarily equal a problem with the baby's growth.

porkandcheese Mon 09-Oct-17 22:21:01

I was scanned thru both my pregnancies because of slow growth from 20 weeks. Basically my placenta started to fail and wasn't sustaining baby. That said, first came naturally at 39weeks but was tiny (under 5lb) and labour was long and not easy for various reasons (not being able to be mobile during labour, high stress levels, tiny baby who had insufficient weight to propel herself) Second came at 39 weeks too and was 5lb 2oz, flew out and I had that europhoric superwoman feeling that I didn't believe existed. In both situations because of stagnated growth (in their view) I was told I would have been induced on due date. If you are at risk they do (well they did with me) monitor the life out of you. Weekly in my last month. Don't know if it will still be the same ten years on though. Having a scan is a good thing, but I know it is worrying. Best of luck for the scan.

GingerHanna Tue 10-Oct-17 07:16:13

I'm 34+4 today and have a growth scan on Thursday for the same reason. Not worried as he is more than likely fine and if not I have a great medical team who will step in.

In the meantime he's active and and trying to pkle his foot out of my belly so I'm happy to get to see him again this week.

When is your scan?

user1493413286 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:31:28

My bump was measuring small from 27 weeks, every health professional commented on it but at every growth scan my baby was growing exactly as she should have been, it was just that my body was hiding it well so try not to worry.

CrazyLoopyLou Tue 10-Oct-17 11:49:48

From my first scan at 17 weeks they said to me DD was quite a bit smaller than she should be which obviously had me worried. I had growth scans every 4 weeks all through my pregnancy. She was small on every one (apart from her head!) but she was still growing at a good rate so they weren't worried and just continued with the scans. She was born at 39+1 by panned c section and weighed 6lb 5oz and was fine. She's still quite small now but completely healthy. She did take a while to grow into her head though!
It's natural to be worried but try not to worry too much I'm sure everything's fine flowers

Penguin27 Wed 11-Oct-17 12:44:22

Good luck today, op flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now