Talk

Advanced search

Normal heart rate 7 weeks?

(6 Posts)
Alpinebetony9911 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:51:15

Just that really?

I had a private early scan just for reassurance really and the lady said she could clearly see one baby and it's heart beat, even I could make out it's little heart beat.
She then went on to say " it's beating at about 124 beats a minute, some people might say that's a little slow but it's absolutely normal so I wouldn't worry" which of course immediately made me think, well I wasn't worried but I am now!

I let it go but she printed some pictures while I went for a quick wee and when she gave me the print out she said oh the heart trace didn't come out. She did offer that I could come back in an hour or so with a full bladder and she would do it again but I said no it was ok but now I wish I had. I can't help think is she hiding something? And now there is no trace or evidence of what the heart rate was.

I don't know if I'm just just over thinking everything in my heightened state of anxiety or if I should be worried.

Does anyone know what a normal heartbeat is for 7 weeks pregnant? Or does anyone remember what theirs was?

Thank you everyone in advance.

Cracklesfire Mon 09-Oct-17 18:56:37

A quick google suggests 120 - 160 bpm is normal but this will increase by 10 weeks.

One site said 90-110 would be normal for a 6 week scan. Going for my scan tomorrow so this is interesting - I'm not sure I paid much attention last time although I do remember DS heart rate being 130ish throughout labour.

Nickmychocolate Mon 09-Oct-17 19:09:08

Anything from 90 is normal. The heart is just starting and learning to beat so don't worry as it can be all over the place at the beginning.
I had an early scan at the EPU when pregnant with my now toddler and his heart rate was 121 pm at 7+4

AnUtterIdiot Mon 09-Oct-17 19:25:10

That's within normal range I think. I had a similar anxiety because one of my twins (I'm 29 weeks so don't freak out about these numbers!) had gone from 152 to 130 over 3 scans and I was convinced her heartbeat was slowing. But the midwife kept telling me normal = 110-160 at that age and also that it's normal for it to fluctuate, and this morning that twin was up in the 140s on the Doppler. I think your sonographer probably gave you the heartrate and then gave you that reassurance in case you googled it so I wouldn't worry. Point of interest: I wasn't given a heartrate at 10 weeks, 12 weeks or 20 weeks. I get them now on growth scans but until 24 weeks the only heartrate I got was when the midwife listened to them on the Doppler, which doesn't start until 16 weeks at the earliest because they're so hard to find before then.

Try not to fret. (I fret all the time. But I know I shouldn't.)

AnUtterIdiot Mon 09-Oct-17 19:26:24

She won't be hiding anything. She wouldn't have offered to do it again, would she?

Alpinebetony9911 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:28:56

Thank you everyone, slightly reassured now.
It probably wouldn't have crossed my mind to worry if she hadn't said don't worry hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now