Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

In my own little hell

(14 Posts)
OliviaTheFox Mon 09-Oct-17 14:10:21

I'm in my special little hell I have SPD, bad and horrid. It not on crutches so not that bad. Just everything hurts to do.
Now in 35th week of pregnancy I've got a restless leg!
Throw a two year old in the mix and I'm a very grumpy painful fidgety person.

That's all just wanted a whinge. Roll on labour. 🙄

Spudlet Mon 09-Oct-17 14:12:44

Oh love, I remember that SPD feeling. Horrible.

[Fires up a Hey Duggee binge for the toddler and hands over the ice cream]

TheLegendOfBeans Mon 09-Oct-17 14:13:17

I don't have SPD and MATE I'm exhausted.

Sending you flowers and cake

Please ensure you have a gin handy in 4-7 weeks' time x

OliviaTheFox Mon 09-Oct-17 14:17:42

It's so arrrrrgggggg if I move I hurt if I dont I hurt. So unfair. 😑
I have twirly woos on repeat at the moment. My sky plamner has never been so exciting 🙄

And yes exhausted!

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Mon 09-Oct-17 15:04:12

Massive sympathy for you...

I had SPD during my last pregnancy and it was awful. The only thing that saved me was ds being born a month early!

I'm 20 weeks on my second pregnancy now and just starting to get the first twinges.

Do you have a support belt, a pregnancy pillow and time to have a warm bath every night?!

clarebear1983 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:08:46

I had SPD in my first pregnancy and ended up on crutches. Currently 21 weeks and I can feel it starting again. I was praying I'd get away with it this time.

You might be able to get a support band from the physio if you ask your midwife, personally i found the actual physio sessions probably made me worse.

I feel your pain flowers

clarebear1983 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:09:47

I had SPD in my first pregnancy and ended up on crutches. Currently 21 weeks and I can feel it starting again. I was praying I'd get away with it this time.

You might be able to get a support band from the physio if you ask your midwife, personally i found the actual physio sessions probably made me worse.

I feel your pain flowers

OliviaTheFox Mon 09-Oct-17 17:53:50

Oh ladies it's just an evil thing, isn't it. And I'm sure if you've not had it you don't get how it hurts.

I have pillow, no belt this time but physio has been requested.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 09-Oct-17 18:03:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 09-Oct-17 18:04:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChocolatePancake Mon 09-Oct-17 20:26:24

I'm sorry! I feel your pain. I had SPD last pregnancy and the belt didn't work,crutches were a right hassle and never stopped the agony you feel during the night when you move around and feel like your pelvis is tearing apart!! Absolutely terrible. I hope you feel better soon!!

Rogue1234 Mon 09-Oct-17 20:34:25

You have my sympathy as well - I'm 30 weeks and I can't work out which is worse, the SPD or the constant acid reflux!

If you can afford it, try one of the practitioners on the Pelvic Girdle Partnership website. It's costing me about £200 a month but I would definitely have been signed off work sick by now if I wasn't seeing the osteopath so cheaper than statutory sick pay! Or you might get lucky and get an NHS referral if you push hard enough (I was on crutches by 16 weeks and haven't managed to get one but no idea if that varies by area).

Not long to go now, you're 7/8 of the way through! flowers

ChocolateRaisin Mon 09-Oct-17 20:48:51

I feel your pain, I'm 31 weeks and have suspected spd as well. I have a physio appointment tomorrow and will see what they say. I'm just hobbling around at the moment feeling miserable. I'm going to have to bring maternity leave start date forward a few weeks at this rate.

Urgh. I can't wait to give birth!

Mortigua Mon 09-Oct-17 21:15:24

Totally feel your pain! I had a thread earlier today about mine and it has caused a foot problem or so the Dr thinks, waiting on physio referral again ( have seen them once so this is more for the foot) . I'm only 26weeks. I've got crutches but haven't used them much so far as it's so impractical but now will probably be forced to as apparently it's the way I'm walking that's caused the foot issues. I'm so grumpy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: