Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

12 week scan in 4 hours- bricking it!

(12 Posts)
stuckinmyownhead Sun 08-Oct-17 09:32:18

I'm so nervous. My 12-week scan is in 4 hours and I can't stop thinking that something might be wrong. This is my first pregnancy after 4 years and 4 rounds of IVF and I can't help thinking that this is going to be more bad news. I had an early scan at 7.5 weeks which showed that everything was fine and there was a good strong heartbeat, but I still feel like something could have gone wrong between now and then. I haven't had any bleeding or pain, but my symptoms have reduced quite a bit.

How rare are missed miscarriages? I feel convinced that that is what we're going to get told today :-( Am I being ridiculous?

FuzzyOwl Sun 08-Oct-17 09:37:02

Good luck and seeing a heartbeat really lowers your chance of a miscarriage.

I think mmc are much more common in forums like this because women turn to them for support whereas they might not search for it under normal circumstances when a pregnancy goes well (that was my experience anyway).

user1484167681 Sun 08-Oct-17 09:39:18

If your scan at 7.5 had a heartbeat, then- as far as I'm aware- the odds are significantly in your favour smile

I felt this way with mine, I think it's completely normal to be super-worried. Just try and distract yourself for the next few hours, worrying won't change anything anyway. (One of the most true yet unhelpful comments, I'm sure- sorry!)

Good luck, will be thinking of you smile

RedBlackberries Sun 08-Oct-17 09:43:28

I can't remember accurately but something like the risk of miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks is like 4%. I'm sure everything will be fine. flowers

NC1990 Sun 08-Oct-17 09:49:46

It's definitely normal to feel like this, I remember those few seconds where I was lying on the bed and she was getting the probe ready and thinking it was the most nerve-wracking few seconds of my life so far! I closed my eyes and just prayed everything would be fine, and luckily it was. There was little baby wriggling around on the screen smile

Am sure all will go well for you, keep us updated smile

Happydays21 Sun 08-Oct-17 09:52:29

I think when you have been through a lot to get to this stage it is perfectly normal to be worried and it is hard to ever fully relax and enjoy the pregnancy. I used to envy people who had a straight forward time!

The odds are in your favour though! Hope all is well.

stuckinmyownhead Sun 08-Oct-17 14:56:52

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your kind words and reassurances. The scan went really well and our baby looks very healthy and normal. I'm so relieved....

Thanks all!

user1484167681 Sun 08-Oct-17 16:24:44

Congratulations! smile Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly for you!

RedBlackberries Sun 08-Oct-17 17:56:13

That great! Enjoy the rest of you're weekend.

Happydays21 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:11:18

Great news!

Loosemoose28 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:32:06

Lovely news.

My scan is tomorrow morning and I am starting to worry about the results of screening and what would I do etc.
Just want it done now.

RubyBoots7 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:14:31

Really glad it was all okay!!
We're pregnant now from a second cycle of IVF. Had an early scan and all okay, clear heartbeat (though we had a vanishing twin).
Routine follow up scan at IVF clinic - all okay. Then we paid to have a Harmony at 10+ weeks. All okay. But every time I've still been half expecting them to say there's a problem, despite the evidence.

I think it's really natural if you've been through fertility/IVF/mc struggles. And it's a first time pregnancy so you don't know what to expect. And everyone has diff symptoms (I haven't had a peep of morning sickness. Good but disconcerting!) Plus stopping/reducing IVF drugs at various stages, which I think changes your symptoms. Mine seem to anyway.

It's a right bloody emotional rollercoaster isn't it smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: