Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive doctor test, negative clear blue?!?

(7 Posts)
Edenella Sat 07-Oct-17 21:46:57

Has anyone ever had a positive test at the doctor and then a negative home test?
I'm not actually late yet and didn't expect the doctor to say I was pregnant!! He showed me the test and it was very positive!!

Dippingmytoesin Sun 08-Oct-17 07:33:05

Can I ask why your Dr even done a pregnancy test on you as that's very rare?
They only use £land strips btw not a special test

Edenella Sun 08-Oct-17 10:36:13

I don't actually know! I went in with a back ache and he took it upon himself to do a pregnancy test! I know they are the one step tests.

MyLittleDragon Sun 08-Oct-17 10:40:10

Do some more home tests?

How far apart were the two tests taken?

A strong positive for not even late is uncommon, if your cycle is regular. A faint positive for not yet late is more common.

Laura2018 Sun 08-Oct-17 22:29:27

My doctor did a pregnacy test for me when I went in with back ache! In fact this has happened to me a few times. Pretty common really. OP how have you got on? Have you taken another test?

Lozmatoz Mon 09-Oct-17 07:01:44

Doctors often check if someone is pregnant. It helps them grow things out help decide on treatment.

The tester use a perfectly good. Don’t waste your money on expensive test they are no better. I Never understand why so many people on MN test over and over again. It’s pointless and expensive. I did some research on painting intestines last time I was pregnant and the cheap ones on the most accurate.

Lozmatoz Mon 09-Oct-17 07:02:36

Sorry, auto correct gone mad!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now