Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this chicken look undercooked?? (Yucky picture)

(13 Posts)
Booooooo Sat 07-Oct-17 20:47:06

Apologies about the photo but I am on my own this evening and have ordered a dominoes. Was merrily scoffing away at my chicken kickers when one felt a bit weird in my mouth so I spat it out. Can't work out if it is undercooked (the rest weren't and I'm sure they would have all been cooked together) or just a dodgy bit of chicken. It looked almost yellowy to the naked eye but poss looks pink in this pic?

Also assuming it is undercooked is this a toxo risk??

Hairgician Sat 07-Oct-17 20:48:17

That's def undercooked.

ZeppelinBend Sat 07-Oct-17 20:49:05

Still pink, yep.

Sunshinesaz86 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:50:32

As someone who's had salmonella off chicken I wouldn't risk it!

Looks rank and if it didn't taste right it probably isn't. Not sure if it's a toxo risk but definitely potential food poisoning or dicky tummy of sorts.

I hope nothing comes of it x

Booooooo Sat 07-Oct-17 20:53:44

Not going to eat it at all! Just wondering what the risks are to baby?

Jessiecat27 Sat 07-Oct-17 21:02:43

Ring them and complain! Aslong as you're okay then baby should be too, you can always ring 111 though and check with them and they can advise, they'll probably just tell you to watch out for any symptoms but if it puts your mind at ease!

Jessiecat27 Sat 07-Oct-17 21:03:30

Or if you have a midwife/midwife unit you could call and ask them instead

dantdmistedious Sat 07-Oct-17 21:06:04

It's raw. Where is it from? Complain.

dantdmistedious Sat 07-Oct-17 21:06:31

Sorry just realised you posted I pregnancy - did you eat any of it?

Gingernaut Sat 07-Oct-17 21:08:04

Possibly cooked a factory farmed broiler.

Green Muscle Disease

Do not Google the images. shock

Booooooo Sat 07-Oct-17 21:19:00

I put it in my mouth and spat it out. I did eat other bits though which I'm sure we're fine. I will obviously be complaining and I will be speaking to my midwife but just wondered if there is anyone who can advise on what the dangers of eating undercooked chicken in pregnancy are in the meantime smile

Hannabee123 Sun 08-Oct-17 02:02:04

That's so gross!!!! Complain to the store but also send an email to the main head office and customer services. I had to complain to them recently and I got more out of complaining to customer services than I did the store!!

Okay well you might not... but if you get sick just try and keep as hydrated as possible and if you can't keep food and fluids down you may have to go to hospital. I know some women who suffered food poisoning and it can be scary but they were okay so try not to worry too much. Just keep yourself hydrated and stocked up with nutrients. Hope your okay!

abitoflight Sun 08-Oct-17 02:06:19

Erghh
No for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now