Talk

Advanced search

Pain in upper right abdomen, ribs and mid back

(5 Posts)
firsttimemum97 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:30:07

For the past 6 weeks I've had pain that appears in my upper/mid right side of my back, it usually occurs at night but today I've had tremendous pain since 9am. As the day has gone on it's progressed to the ribs and upper abdomen. I've taken paracetamol but it's definitely not doing anything. Baby is kicking and moving as normal. I'm 33 weeks

Butterymuffin Sat 07-Oct-17 20:32:16

Go and get checked out. If you are in tremendous pain that painkillers don't help you need a doctor to see you.

snozzlemaid Sat 07-Oct-17 20:33:16

My gallstones pain was on that area.

Frisbeefreedom Sat 07-Oct-17 22:17:32

Call in to get checked out straight away (your notes should say who to call at night, for me it's labour ward). Fingers crossed it's nothing, but it can be a symptom of preeclampsia so you need to get checked out ASAP.

Mummyme87 Sun 08-Oct-17 07:42:55

Sounds like gallstones. I got this postnatal last time and ended up having gall bladder removed but quite commonly starts in pregnancy. Can be absolutely horrendous and nothing ever got rid of the pain, it just subsided once the gall stone had passed through the bile duct. I did think I was having a heart attack one night and ended up in A&E

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now