Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pain - should I worry or have I overdone it?

(7 Posts)
BabyOrSanta Sat 07-Oct-17 18:22:16

Been having a clearing out day today.
OH has done most of the lifting/carrying, I've been pointing and doing loads of washing.

Now I have really bad backache and pain right at the bottom of my bump (bikini line area).
It's coming and going but my bump isn't tight and I think my back/hip etc pain is to do with all the bending maybe?
I don't need to worry do I?
I'm 29 weeks and hoping it's a case of overthinking it...

HoneyWheeler Sat 07-Oct-17 18:25:46

Sounds like you’ve overdone it - could be ligament pain? But having said that, if you’re concerned, always call your midwife.

ScarletSienna Sat 07-Oct-17 18:26:57

I think if you’re worried then always better to call even if you’re 99% sure it’s fine as then you’ll be able to relax.

YouCantArgueWithStupid Sat 07-Oct-17 18:28:13

I get this when I’m dehydrated (and pregnant!)

BabyOrSanta Sat 07-Oct-17 18:31:52

Thank you smile
I don't know whether it's on-my-own-itis or whether it just is this bad but everything just seems very very uncomfortable right now.
I'll have a drink and some biscuits then, if it's still there, phone antenatal (midwife is only available during the week) smile
Really hoping it goes off...

RosyPony Sat 07-Oct-17 18:43:48

In my experience (I'm not a medical expert) stitch like pain is ligaments, a dull pain that comes and goes (like period pain) was the start of labour.

BabyOrSanta Sat 07-Oct-17 20:12:45

I think I've just overdone it - the bump pain has eased greatly and I've just got little niggles now

Thank you all for your help smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: