Talk

Advanced search

What can I do to improve my mood and anxiety?

(2 Posts)
thingymaboob Sat 07-Oct-17 14:47:15

I am 27 weeks pregnant with a girl. I've always had anxiety and depression but have been medication free for a few years. I have a busy job in a hospital. My husband and I have a good relationship and we wanted to have a child. I previously miscarried. Since becoming pregnant, my anxiety and depression has worsened. I had hyperemesis for 11 weeks (severely) and I still have odd sick days. I prayed for a miscarriage during those awful weeks, which I know is not uncommon among women with HG.

I have just started a CBT course through my local NHS service. I am currently sitting in a cafe and there is a woman with a happy baby next to me. I just burst out in tears. I feel so overwhelmed and really distant about being pregnant. I am really worried that I'm not bonding with my baby and that I'll not bond with her when she's here. I am speaking to a therapist about this but I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about some small things I can do everyday to improve my mood and my bond with my baby.

Saz626 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:56:42

If you feel like you aren't quite bonding with your baby bump maybe try talking to her and reading her story books? I can't remember which point it's from but they can hear you and the stories therefore helping to grow the bond before birth. Have you got a name for her yet? If so try referring to her as her name so she's a real little person rather then just a bump that made you so poorly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now