Talk

Advanced search

How many weeks pregnant am I?

(16 Posts)
Ilovechocolate111 Sat 07-Oct-17 13:30:10

I had a mc 3rd September and stopped bleeding on the 10th. Had unprotected sex on numerous occasions.
On the 3rd of October I got a bfp.?
How many weeks is it until you can get a bfp.
X x

Sunshinesaz86 Sat 07-Oct-17 16:00:58

Sorry about your loss.
I would prob guess a couple of weeks along. Did you get a negative test after your mc?
Do you usually have regular cycles? X

cherryontopp Sat 07-Oct-17 16:10:27

What sunshine said..about the negative test.

This could be your hormones from your miscarriage telling your body its pregnant.

Only way to be sure is to keep testing and ask for an early reassurance scan.

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 07-Oct-17 16:32:35

I did a test 2 weeks after mc and was negative. X

emvy Sat 07-Oct-17 16:45:22

A similar thing happened to me - pregnant before first period after a mc, so I took a clear blue digital to date the pregnancy. It put me at 3-5 weeks and I estimated myself at 5 weeks due to symptoms. I've just had my 12 week scan and it looks like my estimations and the clear blue were pretty accurate as I was dated just one day out! So I'd recommend taking one of those smile all the best with this pregnancy and I'm sorry for your loss x

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 07-Oct-17 16:59:41

I will be buying one on Monday. But is it true to add a week on. So if it says 1-2weeks take it as 3-4? X

emvy Sat 07-Oct-17 18:29:03

You usually add 2 weeks on as the clear blue will date you from conception and you tend to go from your last menstrual period (which generally tend to be about 2 weeks apart) for dating initially. So if clear blue dates you at 1-2 you'd be 3-4 x

emvy Sat 07-Oct-17 18:29:39

Sorry so yes, as you said! But it's 2 weeks smile

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:59:41

I knew it was something like that lol. Thank you.
So would you say I was defo pregnant.
In a previous message someone said something about my hormones and last mc.?
I got an appointment with a doctor but its not till the 20th October.. But I will defo be buying a clear blue test Monday. I so hope everything goes well in this pregnancy as Me and my husband really want child number 4 grin x

emvy Sat 07-Oct-17 20:42:22

As you said you had a negative pregnancy test 2 weeks after your mc I would say yes, you are pregnant with a new pregnancy. I wish you all the best and hope this one is sticky for you x

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:50:39

I really hope this one's a sticky lol. If not we're planning on not trying for another as husband said that its to much strain on me mentally. But tbh if I can get through 5 mc's I'm sure I'll be fine if I had more.
But thank you for you wishes. grin I dont have any friends or family so it lovely for a stranger for wish me luck. Thank you xx

emvy Sat 07-Oct-17 21:12:05

I'm so sorry you've had to go through all those losses. I've had two and they've been difficult enough to go through. I'm also sorry you don't have anyone to talk to in RL. Mumsnet is a great place for support. Keep an eye out for the pregnancy after mc thread, it's a godsend! smile x

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:37:24

Hi guys I did a clear blue test and it says 3+ so how far am I really lol xx

BrassMonk Mon 09-Oct-17 15:51:22

Congratulations smilesmileflowers

emvy Mon 09-Oct-17 19:25:46

5+ weeks. I'd treat yourself around 5 and a half/6 really. Congratulations!

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 09-Oct-17 19:39:56

Really.smilegrin further than I thought lol. Xx thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now