Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is 'bake time' hereditary?

(8 Posts)
owltrousers Sat 07-Oct-17 10:03:23

Just wondering if anyone has found they've gone into labour at a similar stage to their mum / mother in law?

My mums babies (me and my sister) were both a week late and small babies (5lb and 6lb) whereas my mother in law went into labour very early at 31 (due to some mess up with medication!) and 35 weeks spontaneously.

kingfishergreen Sat 07-Oct-17 10:16:07

Disappointingly not: DH and I were both a week early. DD was two weeks late.

I wonder how much of that is due to stature though.

DM and MIL are both very petite and I'm...^not^. So maybe they needed to pop them out to protect their fragile frames, whereas I could hold on two weeks longer like an ever pissing whale.

kingfishergreen Sat 07-Oct-17 10:17:35

Incidentally DD was the exact same birth weight as me, despite being 'inside' for three more weeks. I wonder if that part could be hereditary, that the babies are born when they hit the familial birth weight.

NB: to any statisticians, I know correlation does not imply causation.

RosyPony Sat 07-Oct-17 10:18:29

Not sure, I was 2 weeks late and over 9lbs, as was my sister. We're both petite adults. DH was on time and 6lbs. DS1 was prem and 5lbs.

wowbutter Sat 07-Oct-17 10:32:53

I was born at 36+5 totally healthy, spontaneous labour.
My DS was born at 42+3 with every intervention you can think of, not well at all.

tinypop4 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:33:36

My mum went almost 2 weeks over 3 times. I've had 2 dc and they were both born within a day of their due date so not true for me!

mummabubs Sat 07-Oct-17 12:13:01

Can I just say this is filling me with hope as my mum went to 42+ weeks with all 3 of us and it's my due date today... and the thought of 2 more weeks of this hasn't been very fun!! Fingers crossed for me!

Cracklesfire Sat 07-Oct-17 19:50:56

My DM had me at 40+14, second at 40+10 and third 40+8 but all induced. I went 40+15 & have provisionally added 2 weeks to my due date this time. Any sooner will be a nice surprise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now