Talk

Advanced search

Early pregnancy cramps

(15 Posts)
DrRBannerx Fri 06-Oct-17 20:30:46

Paranoid alert
I know cramps are common in early pregnancy but after having three losses I'm worried about it!
I'm getting cramps lasting about 30seconds about 3 or four times a day. Tonight, I'm at dinner and I have had two sessions of it in the space of 10 mins.
I remember cramps with my last pregnancies but they've all ended with loss, either then or a few weeks later and I'm not sure if the painful cramps are a sign of something going bad. In the period pain area like a sore period pain but not constant, thanks x

DrRBannerx Fri 06-Oct-17 20:33:34

Around 5 weeks x

Sharl2017 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:15:44

I'm totally with you on this! Also 5 week pregnant with first child, previous pregnancy ended in early MC. Super duper paranoid about every little thing, So although me typing this contains no advice other than you're not alone and I also have no idea what to do. I wish you a very healthy uneventful pregnancy.

Sharl2017 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:15:46

I'm totally with you on this! Also 5 week pregnant with first child, previous pregnancy ended in early MC. Super duper paranoid about every little thing, So although me typing this contains no advice other than you're not alone and I also have no idea what to do. I wish you a very healthy uneventful pregnancy.

SylvesterTheCat Sat 07-Oct-17 14:50:57

I'm really happy to come across this thread as I'm pregnant (5 weeks) and have cramps, particularly after sex. Lasts about a minute or so.
I'm so happy to finally have a bfp after trying for over a year. Desperate to hold on to this but trying not to give my hopes up in case it ends up in mc.

Cracklesfire Sat 07-Oct-17 15:41:50

I had cramps like this in the first few weeks esp after breastfeeding but they've settled down now by 11 weeks. Its really stressful after two mcs though

Rogue1234 Sat 07-Oct-17 15:45:16

I had really terrible cramps when I was first pregnant too. They lasted until I was about 6 weeks and then got better. I'm 30 weeks now so they're not always a bad sign!

It must be hard not to worry after your losses though. Could you have an early scan in a week or so to help put your mind at ease? flowers

Opensesame1 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:42:29

Also 5 weeks pregnant and having wee cramps and niggles on and off. From my last pregnancy I do think this is fairly normal, there is a lot of womb stretching going on down there in preparation for a growing baby so it’s fairly common!

Coffee3 Sun 08-Oct-17 16:52:14

Reading with interest as I’m almost 5 weeks, been cramping and some signs such as tired, tender boobs, backache etc but just started spotting today - am trying not to be worried but have had mixed results anyway from pregnancy tests- eg clearblue positive, first response positive, sainsburys positive (all very faint)
Then did a clearblue digital as my husband was suspicious of such a faint line and it said not pregnant! (As did a line tests from tesco and boots)
So aside from a recommendation for shares in pregnancy tests blush does anyone have any ideas?

Misssmoo Sun 08-Oct-17 17:28:07

Coffee i think the best thing you can do if you try and the line does not progress is ask the doc to to your hcg levels xx

Coffee3 Sun 08-Oct-17 18:55:00

Thanks @misssmoo I was worried that if the line didn’t darken that wasn’t a good sign . Will see the gp this week confused

Misssmoo Sun 08-Oct-17 18:58:26

My line was very dark in my last preg and ended in mmc so really don't worry . It could be that your urine is diluted or the downside it could be a chemical preg just try not to stress xx

celeryeater Sun 08-Oct-17 19:04:46

Just wanted to pop in and say I had these period pains at the start of my pregnancy. One time it was so bad (after orgasm) I almost fainted. This got me early scans that showed everything was progressing as it should and she is now 16 months old sitting on my lap! From speaking to lots of people too, I think it's very normal.

Cracklesfire Sun 08-Oct-17 19:29:13

Coffee I've never had a positive on the clearblue predictor tests despite going on to have a healthy pregnancy. Anytime I've had a positive it's using the cheap Superdrug or Tesco tests.

Coffee3 Sun 08-Oct-17 22:34:26

That’s interesting cracklesfire - maybe I will try the other tesco test!
hopefully the gp will be able to spread some light. I wish that all pg tests included their sensitivity level on the box to help you to pick! The Clearblue Digital are only 50ml/u- what a waste of money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now