Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dates confusion?

(9 Posts)
Sheena88 Fri 06-Oct-17 13:42:44

Hey so I had my 20 week scan at the start of the week and they moved my due date back a week. 26th Feb is the new date that means I conceived on 5th June however I got my positive test on 7th. There's no way that could be possible 2 days after conception could it??? I've literally just worked it out should I say to midwife or does it really make a difference? Ps it's a girl 😁😁💗💗

Oysterbabe Fri 06-Oct-17 13:47:46

Very odd that they've moved your due date, they don't do that after 12 week scan here. I'd mention it.

Mama05070704 Fri 06-Oct-17 14:13:52

As Oyster said, it's odd that they'd change your due date at your 20 week scan. Your due date is normal set at 12 weeks which is why they refer to it as a dating scan.

Lozmatoz Fri 06-Oct-17 14:15:59

Odd, but makes no difference as the Shen the baby will actually appear!

Oysterbabe Fri 06-Oct-17 14:27:12

True but she might end up with an early and unnecessary induction.

Oysterbabe Fri 06-Oct-17 14:28:50

Oh they moved it back, so could not been induced when she probably should be. Either way it's obviously wrong.

DeadDoorpost Fri 06-Oct-17 14:32:30

I had a growth scan at 25 weeks and by the measurements I saw that I was ahead by about a week but they didn't make any changes to the date they'd given me at 12 weeks. I'd mention it to your midwife just to check.

Sheena88 Fri 06-Oct-17 14:33:16

Yeah when I had my first two 2008 + 2009 they never changed the date tho this time they told me at booking scan the date would be confirmed at 20 weeks so I'm guessing that they've changed policy? Yeah it's the induction thing I was worrying about like say I went over and they left me too long before induction.....I think I will say to them tho I wonder if they will change the date. Who knows 😫 thanks for the replies

Dippingmytoesin Fri 06-Oct-17 14:33:24

This happened to me I was given 3 different due dates but I was having scans every two weeks, I mentioned it to my midwife and she told me it as nothing to worry about.

I'd mention it just to put your mind at ease

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now